Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Ravi Kumar-30
http://cloudfree.net/

http://www.eclipse.org:80/proposals/cloudfree/
<http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cloudfree/>

In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this thread: "Why
another open source ecommerce platform?"

-R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Adrian Crum-2
What do they have against the OFBiz UI?

-Adrian

> In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this
> thread: "Why
> another open source ecommerce platform?"
>

> -R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

I guess they speak only about the eCommerce part

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>

> What do they have against the OFBiz UI?
>
> -Adrian

Joe Eckard
"The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything
will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to say
that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."

I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an
ideal solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It
will be exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up with
to make the interesting features easier to use in our context.

-Joe

On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Ravi Kumar wrote:

> http://cloudfree.net/
>
> http://www.eclipse.org:80/proposals/cloudfree/
> <http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cloudfree/>

> In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this thread:
> "Why
> another open source ecommerce platform?"
>

> -R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Tim Ruppert
Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it
works for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may
help out.  At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but
these guys do have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it
ends up looking.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:

> "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything
> will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to
> say
> that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."
>

> I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an
> ideal solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It
> will be exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up
> with to make the interesting features easier to use in our context.
>
> -Joe
>
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>
>> http://cloudfree.net/
>>
>> http://www.eclipse.org:80/proposals/cloudfree/
>> <http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cloudfree/>

>> In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this thread:
>> "Why
>> another open source ecommerce platform?"
>>

>> -R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Adrian Crum
Actually, I sent my reply half jokingly.

There have been requests over the years for OFBiz to have the ability to
start/stop/deploy/remove components dynamically - without restarting the
server. The response has always been that there are class loader issues,
component dependency issues, etc, etc - so it wouldn't work. It seems to
me that OSGi has addressed those issues. (I'm not an expert on the
subject, so I could be wrong.)

It would be nice if the folks at CloudFree joined our community and
worked toward getting our existing eCommerce/ERP platform running on
OSGi, instead of creating a new one.

-Adrian

Tim Ruppert wrote:

> Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it works
> for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may help
> out.  At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but these
> guys do have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it ends up
> looking.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>
>> "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything
>> will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to say
>> that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."
>>

>> I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an
>> ideal solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It
>> will be exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up with
>> to make the interesting features easier to use in our context.
>>
>> -Joe
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>>
>>> http://cloudfree.net/
>>>
>>> http://www.eclipse.org:80/proposals/cloudfree/
>>> <http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cloudfree/>

>>> In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this thread: "Why
>>> another open source ecommerce platform?"
>>>

>>> -R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Joe Eckard
Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like giving
each component its own classloader, allowing each component to be
loaded / unloaded, started or stopped without a reboot, and having 2
different versions of the same component loaded and running at the
same time.

Regarding the impressions of the OFBiz UI, I tend to agree. I
certainly don't mean to downplay the efforts put into the UI, but
compared to more modern, process-directed UIs that people have come to
expect, even from basic PHP applications, OFBiz falls a little flat. I
realize most pages are intended to be generic and data / service
based, but compared to something like:

http://www.highrisehq.com/tour
http://drupal.org/node/109484

it may turn some people off.

-Joe

On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it
> works for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it
> may help out.  At first glance, my response was the same as
> Adrian's, but these guys do have good experience, so it'll be nice
> to see how it ends up looking.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>
>> "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus,
>> everything
>> will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to
>> say
>> that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."
>>

>> I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an
>> ideal solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It
>> will be exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up
>> with to make the interesting features easier to use in our context.
>>
>> -Joe
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>>
>>> http://cloudfree.net/
>>>
>>> http://www.eclipse.org:80/proposals/cloudfree/
>>> <http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/cloudfree/>

>>> In the news group, there is a reference to OFBiz under this
>>> thread: "Why
>>> another open source ecommerce platform?"
>>>

>>> -R

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

rajsaini
I just read their proposal and one of their project goal not to provide
integration with third party ERP, CRM system. Excerpts from their proposal:

"Outside the project's scope will be the development of vendor-specific
integrations, such as integrations with specific ERP or CRM systems, as
well as highly specialized services, such as a sophisticated product
recommendation service. However, the CloudFree platform will provide
frameworks and extension points to allow third parties building such
integrations and specialized services. "

May be we at ofbiz can look for integrating the OFBiz ERP and this will
certainly increase the OFBiz visibility.

Thanks,

Raj

> Actually, I sent my reply half jokingly.
>
> There have been requests over the years for OFBiz to have the ability
> to start/stop/deploy/remove components dynamically - without
> restarting the server. The response has always been that there are
> class loader issues, component dependency issues, etc, etc - so it
> wouldn't work. It seems to me that OSGi has addressed those issues.
> (I'm not an expert on the subject, so I could be wrong.)
>
> It would be nice if the folks at CloudFree joined our community and
> worked toward getting our existing eCommerce/ERP platform running on
> OSGi, instead of creating a new one.
>
> -Adrian
>
> Tim Ruppert wrote:
>> Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it
>> works for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may
>> help out.  At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but
>> these guys do have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it
>> ends up looking.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>> --
>> Tim Ruppert
>> HotWax Media
>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>
>> o:801.649.6594
>> f:801.649.6595
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>>
>>> "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything
>>> will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to say
>>> that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."
>>>

>>> I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an
>>> ideal solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It
>>> will be exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up
>>> with to make the interesting features easier to use in our context.
>>>
>>> -Joe

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
Giving a look to
http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/web_ui_demo.htm
some suggestions can come to improve OFBiz UI.

I would like to mention just one:
- Navigation panel
A lateral collapsible panel with recent viewed elements and (that's great)
user selected favourite elements to have always at a click

My two cents,
Bruno

2008/10/10 Joe Eckard <[hidden email]>

> Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like giving each
> component its own classloader, allowing each component to be loaded /
> unloaded, started or stopped without a reboot, and having 2 different
> versions of the same component loaded and running at the same time.
>
> Regarding the impressions of the OFBiz UI, I tend to agree. I certainly
> don't mean to downplay the efforts put into the UI, but compared to more
> modern, process-directed UIs that people have come to expect, even from
> basic PHP applications, OFBiz falls a little flat. I realize most pages are
> intended to be generic and data / service based, but compared to something
> like:
>
> http://www.highrisehq.com/tour
> http://drupal.org/node/109484
>
> it may turn some people off.
>

> -Joe
>

> On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:
>
>  Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it works
>> for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may help out.
>>  At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but these guys do
>> have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it ends up looking.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>> --
>> Tim Ruppert
>> HotWax Media
>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>
>> o:801.649.6594
>> f:801.649.6595
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>>
>>  "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything
>>> will be developed and deployed as OSGi bundles. Thus, it's valid to say
>>> that Java is our technology of choice for the platform."
>>>

>>> I've been exploring OSGi for a few months now and it seems like an ideal
>>> solution for OFBiz (and enterprise frameworks in general). It will be
>>> exciting to see what experienced OSGi developers come up with to make the
>>> interesting features easier to use in our context.
>>>
>>> -Joe
>>>
>>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>>>
>>>  http://cloudfree.net/

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
More details on the Compiere web interface could be seen here
http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/user_interface_menu.htm

-Bruno

2008/10/11 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>

> Giving a look to
> http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/web_ui_demo.htm
> some suggestions can come to improve OFBiz UI.
>
> I would like to mention just one:
> - Navigation panel
> A lateral collapsible panel with recent viewed elements and (that's great)
> user selected favourite elements to have always at a click
>
> My two cents,
> Bruno
>
> 2008/10/10 Joe Eckard <[hidden email]>
>
> Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like giving each
>> component its own classloader, allowing each component to be loaded /
>> unloaded, started or stopped without a reboot, and having 2 different
>> versions of the same component loaded and running at the same time.
>>
>> Regarding the impressions of the OFBiz UI, I tend to agree. I certainly
>> don't mean to downplay the efforts put into the UI, but compared to more
>> modern, process-directed UIs that people have come to expect, even from
>> basic PHP applications, OFBiz falls a little flat. I realize most pages are
>> intended to be generic and data / service based, but compared to something
>> like:
>>
>> http://www.highrisehq.com/tour
>> http://drupal.org/node/109484
>>
>> it may turn some people off.
>>

>> -Joe
>>

>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:
>>
>>  Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it works
>>> for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may help out.
>>>  At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but these guys do
>>> have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it ends up looking.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tim
>>> --
>>> Tim Ruppert
>>> HotWax Media
>>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>>
>>> o:801.649.6594
>>> f:801.649.6595
>>>
>>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>>>
>>>  "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus, everything

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Vikas Mayur-3
Bruno, I think this functionality is close to what exists in OFBiz -
if I am not wrong.
There are two screenlet in left bar of eCommerce app i.e. Last
Category and Last Searches .... which remembers user visit to a
category or search during a session.

I did not look into the code but if the implementation of above two
screenlets is not generic enough to support navigation panel as you
mentioned, then we could come with any generic interface, class to
support this functionality in overall application.

- Vikas

On Oct 11, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> Giving a look to
> http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/web_ui_demo.htm
> some suggestions can come to improve OFBiz UI.
>
> I would like to mention just one:
> - Navigation panel
> A lateral collapsible panel with recent viewed elements and (that's
> great)
> user selected favourite elements to have always at a click
>
> My two cents,
> Bruno
>
> 2008/10/10 Joe Eckard <[hidden email]>
>
>> Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like
>> giving each
>> component its own classloader, allowing each component to be loaded /
>> unloaded, started or stopped without a reboot, and having 2 different
>> versions of the same component loaded and running at the same time.
>>
>> Regarding the impressions of the OFBiz UI, I tend to agree. I
>> certainly
>> don't mean to downplay the efforts put into the UI, but compared to
>> more
>> modern, process-directed UIs that people have come to expect, even
>> from
>> basic PHP applications, OFBiz falls a little flat. I realize most
>> pages are
>> intended to be generic and data / service based, but compared to
>> something
>> like:
>>
>> http://www.highrisehq.com/tour
>> http://drupal.org/node/109484
>>
>> it may turn some people off.
>>

>> -Joe
>>

>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:
>>
>> Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it
>> works
>>> for OFBiz in general and am really interested to see how it may
>>> help out.
>>> At first glance, my response was the same as Adrian's, but these
>>> guys do
>>> have good experience, so it'll be nice to see how it ends up
>>> looking.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tim
>>> --
>>> Tim Ruppert
>>> HotWax Media
>>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>>
>>> o:801.649.6594
>>> f:801.649.6595
>>>
>>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:03 AM, Joe Eckard wrote:
>>>
>>> "The foundation of the CloudFree Platform is Equinox. Thus,
>>> everything

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
Vikas,
I have seen the code. I am afraid this is quite far from being generic.

Such a functionality for the backoffice should:
- be able to list different kind of elements like orders, parties, products
etc.
- be able to persist and display the list again when the user log in again
- offer the possibility to organize several preferred items to be always
there

-Bruno

2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>

> Bruno, I think this functionality is close to what exists in OFBiz - if I
> am not wrong.
> There are two screenlet in left bar of eCommerce app i.e. Last Category and
> Last Searches .... which remembers user visit to a category or search during
> a session.
>
> I did not look into the code but if the implementation of above two
> screenlets is not generic enough to support navigation panel as you
> mentioned, then we could come with any generic interface, class to support
> this functionality in overall application.
>

> - Vikas
>

> On Oct 11, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>
>  Giving a look to
>> http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/web_ui_demo.htm
>> some suggestions can come to improve OFBiz UI.
>>
>> I would like to mention just one:
>> - Navigation panel
>> A lateral collapsible panel with recent viewed elements and (that's great)
>> user selected favourite elements to have always at a click
>>
>> My two cents,
>> Bruno
>>
>> 2008/10/10 Joe Eckard <[hidden email]>
>>
>>  Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like giving
>>> each
>>> component its own classloader, allowing each component to be loaded /
>>> unloaded, started or stopped without a reboot, and having 2 different
>>> versions of the same component loaded and running at the same time.
>>>
>>> Regarding the impressions of the OFBiz UI, I tend to agree. I certainly
>>> don't mean to downplay the efforts put into the UI, but compared to more
>>> modern, process-directed UIs that people have come to expect, even from
>>> basic PHP applications, OFBiz falls a little flat. I realize most pages
>>> are
>>> intended to be generic and data / service based, but compared to
>>> something
>>> like:
>>>
>>> http://www.highrisehq.com/tour
>>> http://drupal.org/node/109484
>>>
>>> it may turn some people off.
>>>

>>> -Joe
>>>

>>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Tim Ruppert wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting feedback Joe.  I've had a look inside this and how it works

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Vikas Mayur-3
Ah - I see!

Seems to me similar to My page User Preference.
Instead of a navigation panel we could also have a drop-down/select
box with a text some thing like "My Recent" containing all recent
visits of a particular user. This drop down could be to the left of
Logout button or could be on main applications tabs, so that it is
always seen/accessible to the user.

- Vikas

On Oct 11, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> Vikas,
> I have seen the code. I am afraid this is quite far from being
> generic.
>
> Such a functionality for the backoffice should:
> - be able to list different kind of elements like orders, parties,
> products
> etc.
> - be able to persist and display the list again when the user log in
> again
> - offer the possibility to organize several preferred items to be
> always
> there
>
> -Bruno
>

> 2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>
>
>> Bruno, I think this functionality is close to what exists in OFBiz
>> - if I
>> am not wrong.
>> There are two screenlet in left bar of eCommerce app i.e. Last
>> Category and
>> Last Searches .... which remembers user visit to a category or
>> search during
>> a session.
>>
>> I did not look into the code but if the implementation of above two
>> screenlets is not generic enough to support navigation panel as you
>> mentioned, then we could come with any generic interface, class to
>> support
>> this functionality in overall application.
>>

>> - Vikas
>>

>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>>
>> Giving a look to
>>> http://www.compiere.com/products/product-demos/tour/web_ui_demo.htm
>>> some suggestions can come to improve OFBiz UI.
>>>
>>> I would like to mention just one:
>>> - Navigation panel
>>> A lateral collapsible panel with recent viewed elements and
>>> (that's great)
>>> user selected favourite elements to have always at a click
>>>
>>> My two cents,
>>> Bruno
>>>
>>> 2008/10/10 Joe Eckard <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Right, the cool features of OSGi for OFBiz would be things like
>>> giving

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Vikas Mayur-3
completing my last reply ....

It could be some thing like

Recents (drop-down text)
----------
Party
Order
   - Order Detail Page - Sales Order #11111 -
  Catalog
   - Survey -
   - Product Store -

So recent navigation(s) grouped by application.

- Vikas

On Oct 11, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Vikas Mayur wrote:

> Ah - I see!
>
> Seems to me similar to My page User Preference.
> Instead of a navigation panel we could also have a drop-down/select
> box with a text some thing like "My Recent" containing all recent
> visits of a particular user. This drop down could be to the left of
> Logout button or could be on main applications tabs, so that it is
> always seen/accessible to the user.
>
> - Vikas
>
> On Oct 11, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>
>> Vikas,
>> I have seen the code. I am afraid this is quite far from being
>> generic.
>>
>> Such a functionality for the backoffice should:
>> - be able to list different kind of elements like orders, parties,
>> products
>> etc.
>> - be able to persist and display the list again when the user log
>> in again
>> - offer the possibility to organize several preferred items to be
>> always
>> there
>>
>> -Bruno
>>

>> 2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Bruno, I think this functionality is close to what exists in OFBiz
>>> - if I
>>> am not wrong.
>>> There are two screenlet in left bar of eCommerce app i.e. Last
>>> Category and
>>> Last Searches .... which remembers user visit to a category or
>>> search during
>>> a session.
>>>
>>> I did not look into the code but if the implementation of above two
>>> screenlets is not generic enough to support navigation panel as you
>>> mentioned, then we could come with any generic interface, class to
>>> support
>>> this functionality in overall application.
>>>

>>> - Vikas
>>>

>>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>>>
>>> Giving a look to

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
I would prefer to have this functionality implemented in a screen.
The screen could later be shown in several ways. For instance has a pop-up.

Having the items separated by application is a good idea but, again, it
should be general so independent from the applications.
-Bruno

2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>

> completing my last reply ....
>
> It could be some thing like
>
> Recents (drop-down text)
> ----------
> Party
> Order
>  - Order Detail Page - Sales Order #11111 -
>  Catalog
>  - Survey -
>  - Product Store -
>
> So recent navigation(s) grouped by application.
>
> - Vikas
>

> On Oct 11, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Vikas Mayur wrote:
>
>  Ah - I see!
>>
>> Seems to me similar to My page User Preference.
>> Instead of a navigation panel we could also have a drop-down/select box
>> with a text some thing like "My Recent" containing all recent visits of a
>> particular user. This drop down could be to the left of Logout button or
>> could be on main applications tabs, so that it is always seen/accessible to
>> the user.
>>
>> - Vikas
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>>
>>  Vikas,
>>> I have seen the code. I am afraid this is quite far from being generic.
>>>
>>> Such a functionality for the backoffice should:
>>> - be able to list different kind of elements like orders, parties,
>>> products
>>> etc.
>>> - be able to persist and display the list again when the user log in
>>> again
>>> - offer the possibility to organize several preferred items to be always
>>> there
>>>
>>> -Bruno
>>>

>>> 2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>>  Bruno, I think this functionality is close to what exists in OFBiz - if

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
The navigation panel could also have a section user definable.
So the user can select items he wants to have always handy.

Could be:

- Navigation panel -

Your favourite items:
 - Item 1 (a party)
 - Item 2

Your recent items:
 - Item 1
 - Item 2

2008/10/11 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>

> I would prefer to have this functionality implemented in a screen.
> The screen could later be shown in several ways. For instance has a pop-up.
>
> Having the items separated by application is a good idea but, again, it
> should be general so independent from the applications.
>
> -Bruno
>

> 2008/10/11 Vikas Mayur <[hidden email]>
>
>> completing my last reply ....
>>
>> It could be some thing like
>>
>> Recents (drop-down text)
>> ----------
>> Party
>> Order
>>  - Order Detail Page - Sales Order #11111 -
>>  Catalog
>>  - Survey -
>>  - Product Store -
>>
>> So recent navigation(s) grouped by application.
>>
>> - Vikas
>>

>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Vikas Mayur wrote:
>>
>>  Ah - I see!
>>>
>>> Seems to me similar to My page User Preference.
>>> Instead of a navigation panel we could also have a drop-down/select box
>>> with a text some thing like "My Recent" containing all recent visits of a
>>> particular user. This drop down could be to the left of Logout button or
>>> could be on main applications tabs, so that it is always seen/accessible to
>>> the user.
>>>
>>> - Vikas
>>>
>>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:
>>>
>>>  Vikas,

Re: Eclipse CloudFree proposal

Bruno Busco
Having it as a screen will let have it become a portlet.
I am working on a portlet/portal feature similar to the one JIRA has.

This will let every application that has defined a screen to offer that
screen as a portlet to be added to a portal.
A portal is a screen that is configured by the user picking up several
portlets available in the system.
Every user will have the possibility to define several portals.
This will let us have a MyPage completely independent on the applications.

...but this is a different subject I will post about as soon as I have
something more stable...