Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?

Gary Lackerman
Hello,

I was able to setup the ofbiz project in Eclipse for Mac and get it to run
in ³Debug² mode. However, somehow I lost the XML files from the project. I
was going to make a simple label change and re-build to test my attempt, but
the XML files are missing. Only the Java files show. I checked and they are
there under the ³scripts² directory. I was trying to add plug-ins for XML
editing. Maybe this did something. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
GARY LACKERMAN
Software Developer
[hidden email]

WET
10817 Sherman Way
Sun Valley, California 91352
T  818.769.6200
F  818.301.6111
www.wetdesign.com

RE: Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?

rhodebump
I am a little confused but here are some thoughts:

Can you view the xml files in your finder?

What eclipse perspective are you using?

Is it that xmlbuddy is not working?

You can "reset perspective" in eclipse to fix things you may have messed up with eclipse.

Re: Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?

Gary Lackerman
I can see it in the finder.
I’m using a “Java” perspective.
I can’t get XMLBuddy to load through “Software Updates” as a plug-in. I’m
using Eclipse 3.4 and the XMLBuddy site only has update for up to version
3.1.
Yes, I’ve done the “reset perspective” and it didn’t show the files.
GARY LACKERMAN
Software Developer
[hidden email]

WET
10817 Sherman Way
Sun Valley, California 91352
T  818.769.6200
F  818.301.6111
www.wetdesign.com

Re: Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?

rhodebump
If you can right click the file in eclipse and open with "Text Editor" and it works, it's a problem with the xmlbuddy plugin.

I have xmlbuddy working, but using Version: 3.3.0 and xmlbuddy is working fine.

I would just download xmlbuddy and extract the zip file into your plugins directory.  I use the free version,  I didn't use the update site, but I downloaded it.

Phillip

Re: Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?

don't have mac, but are you looking at the Package explorer on the left
hand side.

Gary Lackerman sent the following on 8/4/2008 11:26 AM:

> I can see it in the finder.
> I’m using a “Java” perspective.
> I can’t get XMLBuddy to load through “Software Updates” as a plug-in. I’m
> using Eclipse 3.4 and the XMLBuddy site only has update for up to version
> 3.1.
> Yes, I’ve done the “reset perspective” and it didn’t show the files.
> GARY LACKERMAN
> Software Developer
> [hidden email]
>
> WET
> 10817 Sherman Way
> Sun Valley, California 91352
> T  818.769.6200
> F  818.301.6111
> www.wetdesign.com
>

> From: Phillip Rhodes <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Cc: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: Eclipse Mac not showing XML pages?
>
> I am a little confused but here are some thoughts:
>
> Can you view the xml files in your finder?
>
> What eclipse perspective are you using?
>
> Is it that xmlbuddy is not working?
>
> You can "reset perspective" in eclipse to fix things you may have messed up
> with eclipse.

Hello all,
I figured it out. My mistake.

From: BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>