ExampelServices.xml

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

I am working through those OFBiz videos, I am on video 6, and the
EntityServices.xml file in the video looks different, for example I don't
see a check-permissions tag in release 4.  I did a search for the file and
only came up with 1 file in the search results.

Why did it change so much or am I viewing the wrong file?

Thanks

Brendan

Re: ExampelServices.xml

BJ Freeman
if you downloaded the svn version, not an export
you can use the team->Show in Resouce History
on a folder or file and get what has changed.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/27/2007 9:39 AM:

> Hi,
>

> I am working through those OFBiz videos, I am on video 6, and the
> EntityServices.xml file in the video looks different, for example I don't
> see a check-permissions tag in release 4.  I did a search for the file and
> only came up with 1 file in the search results.
>

> Why did it change so much or am I viewing the wrong file?
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

RE: ExampelServices.xml

Brendan Vogt
Thanks.

if you downloaded the svn version, not an export
you can use the team->Show in Resouce History
on a folder or file and get what has changed.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/27/2007 9:39 AM:

> Hi,
>

> I am working through those OFBiz videos, I am on video 6, and the
> EntityServices.xml file in the video looks different, for example I don't
> see a check-permissions tag in release 4.  I did a search for the file and
> only came up with 1 file in the search results.
>

> Why did it change so much or am I viewing the wrong file?
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

Re: ExampelServices.xml

David E Jones

I assume that you're referring to the training videos from Undersun
Consulting (now from Hotwax Media). Those aren't affiliated with the
open source project, but if others don't mind I don't mind you asking
about them here.

The file has changed since those videos were recorded. The example
component is meant to be kept up to date with the best practices for
using the OFBiz framework, so will change periodically as newer and
better techniques for doing things (like security in this case) are
developed.

-David

On Dec 27, 2007, at 9:39 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am working through those OFBiz videos, I am on video 6, and the
> EntityServices.xml file in the video looks different, for example I
> don't
> see a check-permissions tag in release 4.  I did a search for the
> file and
> only came up with 1 file in the search results.
>

> Why did it change so much or am I viewing the wrong file?
>

> Thanks
>
> Brendan

RE: ExampelServices.xml

Brendan Vogt
Yes it was the videos from Undersun Consulting and I am sure of it I
downloaded those videos from the OFBiz site, so why can't I ask questions
about it??  Are there then other videos that I need to watch besides these
that I am not aware of?