Gone live

Iain Fogg
I have finally gone live with my (slightly) customised OFBiz in my
retail bookshop business. Many thanks to all the people on the ofbiz-dev
and ofbiz-user list for the help/advice/patches/etc that have enabled me
to get going.

Generally everything has gone well, although I've had lots of customers
asking if they can buy gift certificates. Unfortunately, since OFBiz
can't them in a physical store environment I've had to disappoint them
(and my bank manager :-)

Cheers, Iain

Re: Gone live

davidnwelton
On 12/14/06, Iain Fogg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have finally gone live with my (slightly) customised OFBiz in my
> retail bookshop business. Many thanks to all the people on the ofbiz-dev
> and ofbiz-user list for the help/advice/patches/etc that have enabled me
> to get going.
>
> Generally everything has gone well, although I've had lots of customers
> asking if they can buy gift certificates. Unfortunately, since OFBiz
> can't them in a physical store environment I've had to disappoint them
> (and my bank manager :-)

Will it be on line at some point in the future in the sense of having
an URL where one can look at it?

Congrats, in any case!
--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Gone live

Hi Iain,

Congratulations, I'm happy hearing that you were finally able to use OFBiz in real life :o)

I hope to do some work on POS soon. Gift certificates are one of the points I will work on. Hopefully this will be available before
mid january...

Jacques

> I have finally gone live with my (slightly) customised OFBiz in my
> retail bookshop business. Many thanks to all the people on the ofbiz-dev
> and ofbiz-user list for the help/advice/patches/etc that have enabled me
> to get going.
>
> Generally everything has gone well, although I've had lots of customers
> asking if they can buy gift certificates. Unfortunately, since OFBiz
> can't them in a physical store environment I've had to disappoint them
> (and my bank manager :-)
>
> Cheers, Iain

Re: Gone live

Iain Fogg
David,

Not in the very short term. I have a bunch of other things I'd rather
work on to make sure my in-store operations are running smoothly first
(eg, better GST/VAT support, in-store gift certificate support, probably
more financials reports, adding some tweaks to things like requirements
approvals so you can reject requirements as well as accept/ignore them.

I definitely want my web presence in the next 3 months, but first things
first...

Thanks for the kind wishes.

Cheers, Iain