HAS_TABLE Indicator

Nathan C Hampton
Hello!  A number of entities in OFBiz have a field called hasTable.
 From what I can tell, these are mostly "type" entities --
FixedAssetType, ProductType, and so forth.  Can anyone tell me the
purpose of this field?  What I'm hoping is that it indicates that
there is a table with additional information about items of that
type.  For example, if the hasTable indicator for ProductType
'MyProductType' is "Y", then OFBiz knows to look for additional
information about any Product with that type in a table called
'MY_PRODUCT_TYPE' and would automatically have that information
available when working with Products of that type.  Am I right?
Partly right?  Not even in the ballpark?

Thanks!

--Nathan C. Hampton ([hidden email])

Re: HAS_TABLE Indicator

Please use rather user ML for such questions :

From: "Nathan C Hampton" <[hidden email]>

> Hello!  A number of entities in OFBiz have a field called hasTable.
> From what I can tell, these are mostly "type" entities --
> FixedAssetType, ProductType, and so forth.  Can anyone tell me the
> purpose of this field?  What I'm hoping is that it indicates that
> there is a table with additional information about items of that
> type.  For example, if the hasTable indicator for ProductType
> 'MyProductType' is "Y", then OFBiz knows to look for additional
> information about any Product with that type in a table called
> 'MY_PRODUCT_TYPE' and would automatically have that information
> available when working with Products of that type.  Am I right?
> Partly right?  Not even in the ballpark?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Nathan C. Hampton ([hidden email])

Re: HAS_TABLE Indicator

And then I answer to myself ;(

Have mercy

Jacques

> Ooops, sorry forget this message. I was in a hurry and I thought I was on dev ML
>
> My apologies
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>
>> Please use rather user ML for such questions :
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> From: "Nathan C Hampton" <[hidden email]>
>>> Hello!  A number of entities in OFBiz have a field called hasTable.
>>> From what I can tell, these are mostly "type" entities --
>>> FixedAssetType, ProductType, and so forth.  Can anyone tell me the
>>> purpose of this field?  What I'm hoping is that it indicates that
>>> there is a table with additional information about items of that
>>> type.  For example, if the hasTable indicator for ProductType
>>> 'MyProductType' is "Y", then OFBiz knows to look for additional
>>> information about any Product with that type in a table called
>>> 'MY_PRODUCT_TYPE' and would automatically have that information
>>> available when working with Products of that type.  Am I right?
>>> Partly right?  Not even in the ballpark?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Nathan C. Hampton ([hidden email])

Re: HAS_TABLE Indicator

Hi Nathan,

After my pathetic 1st answer, I due a right one to you

From: "Nathan C Hampton" <[hidden email]>
> Hello!  A number of entities in OFBiz have a field called hasTable.   From what I can tell, these are mostly "type" entities --
> FixedAssetType, ProductType, and so forth.  Can anyone tell me the  purpose of this field?  What I'm hoping is that it indicates
> that  there is a table with additional information about items of that  type.

For example, if the hasTable indicator for ProductType
> 'MyProductType' is "Y", then OFBiz knows to look for additional  information about any Product with that type in a table called
> 'MY_PRODUCT_TYPE' and would automatically have that information  available when working with Products of that type.  Am I right?
> Partly right?  Not even in the ballpark?

Partly right, this is a bit more complicated, have a look at
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/General+Entity+Overview#GeneralEntityOverview-ExtensibilityPattern

Jacques

> Thanks!
>
> --Nathan C. Hampton ([hidden email])

Re: HAS_TABLE Indicator

Nathan C Hampton
Thanks!  That's exactly what I needed to know.

--NCH