Shipping options and related questions

Ritesh Trivedi
Hi,

I am trying to understand how the shipping options work in Ofbiz - trying to integrate it on the ecommerce site.

Will appreciate if someone can point me to some explanation on

1. What are Ship Groups and how are they created in ecommerce app (was looking at checkoutshippingoptions.bsh and it always passes 0 to the ShippingEstimateWrapper for ship group !!)

2. Seems like currently the way shipping options work is one has to login and specify the shipping address - however most of the time, only a zip code is required to just get an initial shipping estimate before customer logs in -is there a way to do that out of the box?

3. How are drop ship items handled? ship from should be calculated based on the supplier for each product and their contact mech

4. Any other pointers understanding how shipping calculator/ shipping option/ shipping estimate works in general (I do not need carrier specific info).

Thanks in advance