How to Treat Invoice Errors (other than credit memos and reversals)

How to Treat Invoice Errors (other than credit memos and reversals)

davidofbiz
Hi,

We've been using OpenTaps for a number of months now and have ran into an issue when we need to correct an invoice.

I understand that invoices can be altered by using credit memos, by reducing the amount outstanding.  However for our international shipments, our invoices need to match perfectly for customs reasons.

As a "quick-fix", to correct an invoice error, we have been creating a return, which simultaneously puts items back into stock and creates an offsetting entry to the customer statement, and then re-entering the corrected order. Unfortunately, what that leaves us with is a duplicate invoice which ends up inflating sales figures.

We were curious as to how other groups alter invoices that have been created.  Is there a way to completely delete the invoice?  Or is the only proper way to approach this to create individual reversals for the invoice, and receive the items back in stock?

Thanks!

david

Re: How to Treat Invoice Errors (other than credit memos and reversals)

BJ Freeman
there is a good chance that the accounting in opentaps is not similar to
 the Trunk ofbiz.
it would be best if you ask on the opentaps forum.

davidofbiz sent the following on 5/6/2008 5:19 AM: