Questions about features of eCommerce

christophe leroy
Hello!

Do you know if the solution ofbiz of ecommerce has these features?
(I am interested even if you have just some few informations)

- customer notification: send a email if an article is available, for every order, new producer, ...
- supplier notifications: send a email if there is a problem of back order, an order have been placed, ...
The idea is that every customers and suppliers can configure every kind of notification.

- management of commissions

- customers and suppliers can make a report or make a note about a transaction

- define rules about the prices of the shipment (for exemple if the customer buy for 30 dollars, the shipment is free)

- shipping delay of perishables goods

- defines rules about the shopping cart (for example, it is impossible to have 2 articles from 2 different suppliers)

- management of newsletters

- define private catalogues for special customers (I think about private selling)

Thanks a lot,

Chris

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail

Re: Questions about features of eCommerce

> Hello!
>
> Do you know if the solution ofbiz of ecommerce has these features?
> (I am interested even if you have just some few informations)
>
> - customer notification: send a email if an article is available, for every order, new producer, ...

Not OOTB but should be pretty easy to add. Though I'm not sure of what you mean. I suppose you want to notify a customer who asked
for future product availability ? But then why "every order, new producer, ... " ?

> - supplier notifications: send a email if there is a problem of back order, an order have been placed, ...

I don"t think this exist OOTB, but should be easy done using an SECA (Servive Event Contion Action : a functionnal trigger)

> The idea is that every customers and suppliers can configure every kind of notification.

I'm not sure of what a customer is here in your mind. But not, there are no features which allow a customer or a supplier to create
such notification OOTB. Of course you may allow your customers or suppliers to access to your backoffice and then use existing
notifications https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStoreEmails?productStoreId=9000 or even create a more
sophisticated mechanism to allow them to create ones...

Yes : http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?local=y&forum=2740&query=commission

> - customers and suppliers can make a report or make a note about a transaction

Yes they can use notes in their profile

> - define rules about the prices of the shipment (for exemple if the customer buy for 30 dollars, the shipment is free)

See Shipping and Promotions in catalog

> - shipping delay of perishables goods

I don't think there is already code for that. The existing data structure could support it though

> - defines rules about the shopping cart (for example, it is impossible to have 2 articles from 2 different suppliers)

Look at Promotions, though you may have to add your own rules...

> - management of newsletters

Yes something already exists

> - define private catalogues for special customers (I think about private selling)

Not OOTB but should be pretty easy to do

Jacques