How to model a class

byersa
What is the best way to model a class (an instance of a class - with a
meeting time and students, etc.) - as a PartyGroup or WorkEffort or
something else?

-Al

RE: How to model a class

SkipDever
I would do something else.

A class is a room with attributes, subject, and time with potentially
multiple groups of students and multiple teachers.

Course, then again, it depends on how it is organized.

What is the best way to model a class (an instance of a class - with a
meeting time and students, etc.) - as a PartyGroup or WorkEffort or
something else?

-Al

Re: How to model a class

that would be similar to a hotel room with occupants if you want to look
at how hans did it.

Al Byers sent the following on 11/20/2007 11:11 PM:
> What is the best way to model a class (an instance of a class - with a
> meeting time and students, etc.) - as a PartyGroup or WorkEffort or
> something else?
>
> -Al

Re: How to model a class

BJ Freeman
the model starts with a campus with building, with rooms.
types are for the building and rooms
For this I used facilities.
party groups are student, Instructors made up of employees, and
personnel also make of employees.
From a financial point of view Company is the school with sub companies
being the departments.
you can also assign partygroups to the financial.
Curriculum for a school is a productstore
Catalogs are the Quarters
Categories are the departments
Product are the classes (more in depth if you want)
so there is a relationship between facilities and products(classes)
The facilities has a time component (workEffort) and so Does the
Classes. the facilities based on time has an allotment of totals
students per time period.
Oh did i mention the manufacturing is used to build the course.
So once a student has a order (classes) the process of assigning student
 time periods to be at facilities begins.

any way that is a rough ideas of the system I am modeling using ofbiz.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 11/21/2007 12:40 AM: