More Confusion

SkipDever
Just to verify this, I cleaned everything out to start from scratch.  I used
the Order-Order Entry module to make a sale for $100 + shipping and tax and
quick shipped it.
This was to a billing account.

I now have a single entry for OrderPaymentPreference of $100++ and
paymentMethodId=EXT_BILLACT and statusId = PAYMENT_RECEIVED
I have a single entry for PaymentApplication where amountApplied = $100++
and a billingAccountId and invoiceId.

I call the service getBillingAccountBalance() in BillingAccountWorker and
get returned $5000 when the account limit is $5000.  It should have been
$4900--.

I added some logging to getBillingAccountBalance() and discovered that the
OrderPaymentPreference was not subtracted because it was  status
PAYMENT_RECEIVED.

PaymentApplication was also ignored because invoiceId != null.

As expected, when I recorded a payment of $100++ on the account, I now have
a $5100++ balance.

Did I miss a step or is this logic in getBillingAccountBalance() wrong or
should the order application have made a second posting to
OrderPaymentPreferences.

Maybe these billing accounts are not intended for Customer sales?  Is
OrderPaymentPreference maybe mis-named and should be OrderPayments?

Any help understanding these issues would be appreciated.  I am writing a
real A/R application with aging and the like and want to keep it as clean
and compatible with Ofbiz core code as possible.

Skip

Re: More Confusion

Jacopo Cappellato
What OFBiz version are you using? Could you please try to recreate the
same issue here:

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/ordermgr/control/main

skip@theDevers wrote:

> Just to verify this, I cleaned everything out to start from scratch.  I used
> the Order-Order Entry module to make a sale for $100 + shipping and tax and
> quick shipped it.
> This was to a billing account.
>
> I now have a single entry for OrderPaymentPreference of $100++ and
> paymentMethodId=EXT_BILLACT and statusId = PAYMENT_RECEIVED
> I have a single entry for PaymentApplication where amountApplied = $100++
> and a billingAccountId and invoiceId.
>
> I call the service getBillingAccountBalance() in BillingAccountWorker and
> get returned $5000 when the account limit is $5000.  It should have been
> $4900--.
>
> I added some logging to getBillingAccountBalance() and discovered that the
> OrderPaymentPreference was not subtracted because it was  status
> PAYMENT_RECEIVED.
>
> PaymentApplication was also ignored because invoiceId != null.
>
> As expected, when I recorded a payment of $100++ on the account, I now have
> a $5100++ balance.
>
> Did I miss a step or is this logic in getBillingAccountBalance() wrong or
> should the order application have made a second posting to
> OrderPaymentPreferences.
>
> Maybe these billing accounts are not intended for Customer sales?  Is
> OrderPaymentPreference maybe mis-named and should be OrderPayments?
>
> Any help understanding these issues would be appreciated.  I am writing a
> real A/R application with aging and the like and want to keep it as clean
> and compatible with Ofbiz core code as possible.
>

> Skip

Re: More Confusion

Rashko Rejmer
Hi Skip,

I don't know if this might help.
Do you have financials component in your hot-deploy folder?

I have encountered the same issue and the problem was because Financials component have different approach for handling payments with billing accounts. I my case the problem was that the opentaps service captureBillingAccountPayments (com.opensourcestrategies.financials.accounts.BillingAccountServices) overrides the existing OFBiz service with the same name. These services have complately different logic - the ofbiz one don't create payment but opentaps creates.

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

RE: More Confusion

SkipDever
I tried this link and the results were not the same, the account balance was
computed correctly.

I am using the latest Opentaps (as of two weeks ago) code.  I will download
the Ofbiz latest and see where there differences lie.

Thanks

Skip

skip@theDevers wrote:
> Just to verify this, I cleaned everything out to start from scratch.  I
used
> the Order-Order Entry module to make a sale for $100 + shipping and tax
and

> quick shipped it.
> This was to a billing account.
>
> I now have a single entry for OrderPaymentPreference of $100++ and
> paymentMethodId=EXT_BILLACT and statusId = PAYMENT_RECEIVED
> I have a single entry for PaymentApplication where amountApplied = $100++
> and a billingAccountId and invoiceId.
>
> I call the service getBillingAccountBalance() in BillingAccountWorker and
> get returned $5000 when the account limit is $5000.  It should have been
> $4900--.
>
> I added some logging to getBillingAccountBalance() and discovered that the
> OrderPaymentPreference was not subtracted because it was  status
> PAYMENT_RECEIVED.
>
> PaymentApplication was also ignored because invoiceId != null.
>
> As expected, when I recorded a payment of $100++ on the account, I now
have

> a $5100++ balance.
>
> Did I miss a step or is this logic in getBillingAccountBalance() wrong or
> should the order application have made a second posting to
> OrderPaymentPreferences.
>
> Maybe these billing accounts are not intended for Customer sales?  Is
> OrderPaymentPreference maybe mis-named and should be OrderPayments?
>
> Any help understanding these issues would be appreciated.  I am writing a
> real A/R application with aging and the like and want to keep it as clean
> and compatible with Ofbiz core code as possible.
>

> Skip

RE: More Confusion

SkipDever
Yep, and that might be the issue, I am exploring it.

Thanks

Skip