[OFBiz] Dev - HRMS

Michael Irving

I’m working on a module that will allow the user to create an employee.  I would like to utilize the services that are currently in OFBIZ, but I’m not sure how to implement this within the framework.  The process I’d like to follow is:

  1. Create a Person
  2. Create the relationship between the person and company (party group)
  3. Add Payroll information (w-2 information)

Should I create a new class that implements the existing Party classes or is there better way to do this?

Michael Irving

Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success

Mobile: (267)474.3564

Fax: (425) 871-2838

email: [hidden email]

* * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net * * *

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - HRMS

Adrian Crum
Don't forget to create party roles for the employee and for the company.

Employee role = EMPLOYEE
Company role = EMPLOYER

Then you can use those roles in the party relationships.

Michael Irving wrote:

> I’m working on a module that will allow the user to create an employee.
> I would like to utilize the services that are currently in OFBIZ, but
> I’m not sure how to implement this within the framework.  The process
> I’d like to follow is:
>

>    1. Create a Person
>    2. Create the relationship between the person and company (party group)
>    3. Add Payroll information (w-2 information)
>

> Should I create a new class that implements the existing Party classes
> or is there better way to do this?

> Michael Irving
>
> Keynetx, Inc. - Building Solutions for Success
>
> Mobile: (267)474.3564
>
> Fax: (425) 871-2838
>
> email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>

> * * * Visit Our Web Site: http://www.keynetx.net
> <http://www.keynetx.net/> * * *

> does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - HRMS

The existing data models and services should have everything you need.
If you have the "Data Model Resources" book, I think it has a chapter on
human resources data model that might help.

Just a quick guess--you would create Person for the employee, PartyGroup
for the company, PartyRole for both the employee and the company, then a
PartyRelationship between the two (company-employee relationship). Then
you would create the payroll information for the employee. I think you
might be able to use PayrollPreference entity as a starting point,
perhaps adding a couple of fields if you need it?

You can have either employee or company be partyIdFrom, since the
roleTypeId actually defines what role it is. I don't think there's a
convention yet, as we don't actually have an HR application in OFBiz.

Si