[OFBiz] Dev - SECA ignore-error

Ashish Hareet
What does the ignore-error attribute mean ? Does it mean that if an uncaught exception
(like NullPointerException, etc.) results in the action service this attribute decides
whether or not to run the calling service...

Example Service_1 triggers an ECA for Service_2 on invoke. Say Service_2 throws an uncaught
NullPointerException & the ignore-error attribute for Service_2 in the eca is false, does it mean
that Service_1 will run inspite of the uncaught exception.

Or is that the ignore-error is used to ignore errors that are returned using
        ServiceUtil.returnError(e.getMessage()) or ModelService.RESPOND_ERROR, etc.

I beleive the latter is true & any uncaught exceptions are handled by the layer enclosing
the seca, in which case the first scenario if in a transaction will rollback...

Appreciate your feedback
Ashish Hareet
http://www.cpbinc.com

Re: [OFBiz] Dev - SECA ignore-error

David E. Jones

Check out the documentation for the Service engine, available on the
ofbiz.org web site:

http://www.ofbiz.org/docs/services.html#ECAs

-David