[OFBiz] Users - multiple tax authorities in same Geo

[OFBiz] Users - multiple tax authorities in same Geo

cjhowe
Does the product entitiy currently support it?  I haven't looked at the entities since before Andy added the tax stuff about 4 months back.   But, some of your products would have TaxA applied, some would have TaxB and some would have TaxA and TaxB, etc.
--- Si Chen wrote: You're right...

I think we should then have a scheme that can
support
multiple tax
authorities with their own rates and gl accounts
within each geo.

Thanks for pointing it out, Chris.

Chris Howe wrote:

> Your phone bill? AND I believe those are paid to
different taxing
> authorities
> * --- Si Chen wrote:** *
>

> Does this happen *anywhere* in real life?
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
>
> > Additionally, in what appears to be a rare
case,
> if there are
> > different taxing authorities collecting
wouldn't
> there also be
> > multiple taxes being applied to the product?
ie.
> > Widget = $100
> > Sales tax = 7%
> > Sin tax = 3%
> > Not a sprocket tax = 0.5%
> >
> > Solving this isn't a an accounting issue as
each
> would be applied to
> > their appropriate account. However, this may
be
> an issue (i would
> > think a small one if it exists at all) for
the
> calculation of tax, and
> > additionally the display of the tax on an
invoice,
> etc.
> > *--- Si Chen wrote: *
> >

> > Yes. That'd be a way to hack it. :-)
> >
> > I'm just hoping if it were a ! common need,
that
> we
> > not make people have
> > to resort to such measures. But it doesn't
> seem
> > like anybody has spoken
> > up. Which is a good thing, I guess--we all
> need
> > more efficient government.
> >
> > Si
> >
> > Chris Howe wrote:
> >
> > >If someone does have what you're trying to
> avoid
> > writing code for, couldn't they just
> > >use a custom Geo group that would credit a
> taxing
> > pool and let them write the code to split it
> from
> > there?
> > >Assuming that it is an uncommon occurance
> > >
> > >================Si Wrote==============
> > >
> > >Each Geo (State) would have its own tax
> authority
> > and gl account. So
> > >that should work fine if there are multiple
> states.
> > >
> > >Chris Howe wrot! e:

> operated in
> > >/>/multiple states? Or are you saying
divying
> up
> > only
> > >/>/the sales tax for a single transaction?
> > >/>/
> > >/>/
> > >/>/===================
> > >/>/Hi. Working on some sales tax
> liability/expense
> > >/>/stuff. Just wanted to
> > >/>/check:
> > >/>/
> > >/>/Does anybody have business requirements
> where
> > sales or
> > >/>/use or VAT taxes
> > >/>/are payable to multiple authoriti!
> > >es in the
> > > same Geo?
> > >/>/(ie, Do you have
> > >/>/special products that have separate
sales
> and
> > use tax
> > >/>/authorities, or do
> > >/>/you have to pay different levels of
local
> > >/>/governments?)
> > >/>/
> > >/>/If so, please say so NOW. Otherwise,
we'll
> set
> > it so
> > >/>/that each Geo can
> > >/>/only have one tax authority.
> > >/>/
> > >/>! ;/(Note: in California, state, county,
> and city
> > >/>/governments all have
> > >/>/different sales taxes, but the taxes are
> paid to
> > one
> > >/>/state tax
> > >/>/authority, the Franchise Tax Board. So,
in
> this
> > case,
> > >/>/there is only one
> > >/>/payable authority per Geo of CA. I'm
> asking
> > about
> > >/>/cases where you
> > >/>/actually have to send separate checks to
> > different agencies.)
> > >/>/

> ! > >/>/Users mailing list
> > >/>Users at lists.ofbiz.org

> > >/>/
> > >/>/
> > >/>

Re: [OFBiz] Users - multiple tax authorities in same Geo

Si Chen-2
Not that I know of right now....