Ofbiz evaluation for a different application other than ecommerce

Ofbiz evaluation for a different application other than ecommerce

Vamsi
Hi All,

        We are evaluating ofbiz for insurance based application.
Here we want to configure the Insurance product which is a combination of
coverages, some what like configurable product.

Is ofbiz suites for this kind of application?

I want build a insurance application.

Vamsi Mandava

Re: Ofbiz evaluation for a different application other than ecommerce

Mridul Pathak-2
Of course Vamsi.  You can find examples of some configurable products on
demo ecommerce site: http://demo.ofbiz.org/, for reference Configurable PC
and Enchiladas are two configurable products available there.
--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Vamsi Gmail! <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>        We are evaluating ofbiz for insurance based application.
> Here we want to configure the Insurance product which is a combination of
> coverages, some what like configurable product.
>
> Is ofbiz suites for this kind of application?
>
> I want build a insurance application.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Vamsi Mandava

Re: Ofbiz evaluation for a different application other than ecommerce

chris snow
I am using the ofbiz framework to replace a legacy VB application for a customer.  The migration is a gradual long-term process, so both ofbiz and VB application are accessing the same legacy data at the same time.  When the migration of the application code from VB to ofbiz is complete, we will then look at migrating the legacy data structure to use the ofbiz data model where possible.

I choose ofbiz as an application development framework because it offers rapid development.

Vamsi wrote
Hi All,

        We are evaluating ofbiz for insurance based application.
Here we want to configure the Insurance product which is a combination of
coverages, some what like configurable product.

Is ofbiz suites for this kind of application?

I want build a insurance application.

Vamsi Mandava

Re: Ofbiz evaluation for a different application other than ecommerce

Have you looked a the data model book vol II.
it has the model for insurance.
but reading Vol I will give you an idea of the effort.
you will have to create your Own UI which means becoming familiar with
Widgets and FTL files.
You will have to create your own SECA for business logic, As well as
services.

Vamsi Gmail! sent the following on 8/18/2009 10:41 PM:

> Hi All,
>

>         We are evaluating ofbiz for insurance based application.
> Here we want to configure the Insurance product which is a combination of
> coverages, some what like configurable product.
>
> Is ofbiz suites for this kind of application?
>
> I want build a insurance application.

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro