Perfromance meter tool

masionas
Hi Guys,

I have bottlenecks in some places ( for example Commit Sales Order) takes 10+ seconds sometimes. So I would like someone advice a decent tool to find out which piece of code has problem. Does Ofbiz has its own such kind of tool or is there anything good external which would work with Ofbiz smoothly? I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Re: Perfromance meter tool

There is nothing in OFBiz as is for that.
In OFBiz ML I found a recommandation for Eclipse TPTP http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

Jacques

From: "masionas" <[hidden email]>

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have bottlenecks in some places ( for example Commit Sales Order) takes
> 10+ seconds sometimes. So I would like someone advice a decent tool to find
> out which piece of code has problem. Does Ofbiz has its own such kind of
> tool or is there anything good external which would work with Ofbiz
> smoothly? I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Re: Perfromance meter tool

Brett
We have been experimenting with the TPTP tools from eclipse to find
performance bottlenecks.  The tool let's you create your own custom probes
that can be inserted at run time into your deployed application.  The nice
thing about these custom probes are they don't create a large footprint like
so many other profiling tools.

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

Here are some other links you may find helpful:

Brett

Articles on Eclipse Test and Performance Tools Platform

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/

http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseTPTP/article.html

http://docs.hp.com/en/JAVAPERFTUNE/

Good article for WebSphere/ZOS with Sample probe code
- http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247177.html?Open

http://www.ddj.com/article/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=184406433&dept_url=/java/

http://docs.hp.com/en/JAVAPERFTUNE/bytecode.pdf

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 8:17 AM, masionas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have bottlenecks in some places ( for example Commit Sales Order) takes
> 10+ seconds sometimes. So I would like someone advice a decent tool to find
> out which piece of code has problem. Does Ofbiz has its own such kind of
> tool or is there anything good external which would work with Ofbiz
> smoothly? I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Re: Perfromance meter tool

Re: Perfromance meter tool

masionas
Well, I meant actually "Create Order" and dependent services. Yes, the marks in the code with timer before calling method and  after is the most raw solution. But I would still try the eclipse profiling as well as it might be helpful in getting general picture of memory leaks etc.

Also here are some links for the java performance topic:

http://java.sys-con.com/node/633761
http://www.run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~skivee/files/java-perf.pdf
http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/

BJ Freeman wrote

Re: Perfromance meter tool

masionas
Hi Brett,

Thank you. I will look into this TPTP Eclipse plugin.

Brett Palmer wrote