Personalized product brochures

sollos
I have a client with a printing company that is interested in migrating to OFBiz. He has a line of product brochures for the medical industry that are purchased by doctors offices. The brochures are personalized for each order by imprinting the logo and contact information for the doctor. We would like to have an ecommerce store from OFBiz that would allow the customer to log in and be able to order particular brochures and specify the imprint options either by supplying the content and artwork at that point or by be presented the existing data that was saved from a previous visit.

Would this be possible with OFBiz or would it be better to do custom programming and tie that in with OFBiz?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Re: Personalized product brochures

BJ Freeman
you will have to do some customization, in ofbiz.
all you need is in ofbiz.
it is a large learning curve so if there is a short time period to
deliver you may have to put i some extra to get up to speed.
the first place to begin is
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams

then
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation+Index

to setup and run a copy for you to investigate
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

or you can use the online demo. the link is on
http://ofbiz.apache.org/
Demo Site
eCommerce Demo
and
Management Apps

sollos sent the following on 11/28/2007 9:16 AM:

> I have a client with a printing company that is interested in migrating to
> OFBiz. He has a line of product brochures for the medical industry that are
> purchased by doctors offices. The brochures are personalized for each order
> by imprinting the logo and contact information for the doctor. We would like
> to have an ecommerce store from OFBiz that would allow the customer to log
> in and be able to order particular brochures and specify the imprint options
> either by supplying the content and artwork at that point or by be presented
> the existing data that was saved from a previous visit.
>
> Would this be possible with OFBiz or would it be better to do custom
> programming and tie that in with OFBiz?
>
> Thanks in advanced for your help!

Re: Personalized product brochures

Walter Vaughan
sollos wrote:

>I have a client with a printing company that is interested in migrating to
>OFBiz. He has a line of product brochures for the medical industry that are
>purchased by doctors offices. The brochures are personalized for each order
>by imprinting the logo and contact information for the doctor. We would like
>to have an ecommerce store from OFBiz that would allow the customer to log
>in and be able to order particular brochures and specify the imprint options
>either by supplying the content and artwork at that point or by be presented
>the existing data that was saved from a previous visit.

You also may want to have your client (with you present) engage one or
more of the solution providers on this page
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers
for a hour or two strategic plan. It may be worth it's weight in gold to
work with some who has already done this for other clients and knows
what worked and didn't work so quickly. Off load the stuff they'll be
good at, and work on stuff you'll be good at.

Good luck

--
Walter

Goo

RE: Personalized product brochures

SkipDever
I second this advise.  You'll be months on your own.

Skip