Question about the billing address for orders

Question about the billing address for orders

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi all,

I've noticed that, if a payment method type is selected as a payment
method (for example "offline payment") then no billing address will be
selected and the order (and invoice) will be created without a billing
contact mech.
In my opinion this is a bug and the order should always have an explicit
billing address set (OrderContactMech).
If no billing address can be retrieved by the payment option selected,
than the shipping address should be also explicitly set as billing address.
What do you think of this?

Re: Question about the billing address for orders

Jacopo,

This may be a problem in the case of POS, or should treated as an
exception..
For now, in the general case, order from POS are only created for the
_NA_ party (I hope soon to allow selection of a party).
And _NA_ has no address informations.

Jacques

> Hi all,
>

> I've noticed that, if a payment method type is selected as a payment
> method (for example "offline payment") then no billing address will be
> selected and the order (and invoice) will be created without a billing
> contact mech.
> In my opinion this is a bug and the order should always have an
explicit
> billing address set (OrderContactMech).
> If no billing address can be retrieved by the payment option selected,
> than the shipping address should be also explicitly set as billing
address.
> What do you think of this?
>
> Jacopo

Re: Question about the billing address for orders

David E Jones

I'm guessing this relates to the new functionality to limit which
products can be purchased by payment methods from different places,
or shipped to different places (not sure if the second one is being
implemented at this point).

My opinion on it is that in reality sometimes there isn't a billing
address because it is pay in advance or offline or by cash, etc. If
that's the case then the rules about restricting payment method
locations (geos) for a product just wouldn't apply. Ie, no billing
address, always okay.

-David

On Apr 27, 2007, at 4:32 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I've noticed that, if a payment method type is selected as a
> payment method (for example "offline payment") then no billing
> address will be selected and the order (and invoice) will be
> created without a billing contact mech.
> In my opinion this is a bug and the order should always have an
> explicit billing address set (OrderContactMech).
> If no billing address can be retrieved by the payment option
> selected, than the shipping address should be also explicitly set
> as billing address.
> What do you think of this?
>
> Jacopo

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment