Re:[OFBiz] Users - Cannot start OFBIZ

Rohit Rai
Hello Brad,

I too had the same problem when I started  and IT IS due to JDK 1.5. I switched to JDK 1.4_08 and it runs fine.

About them running together, I don't think it is actually feasible, becuase sometime back I had failed to run 1.3 & 1.4 on same machine. Never tried with 1.4 & 1.5.

I hope you can get a system to run 1.4. I had to install and use it on my laptop cause all development systems use Eclipse 3.1 Webtools and JDK 1.5.

David, Andy, Si and others, theres a request,
Can anyone of you please list out the different components used by Ofbiz ontime.
Like
1. Tomcat
2. JOTM
3. Derby (I suppose that is the current DBMS)
what else???

I was just wondering, about which all projects are we dependent on.

Regards,
Rohit

Re: Re:[OFBiz] Users - Cannot start OFBIZ

>I was just wondering, about which all projects are we dependent on.

Please, look at the bottom of http://www.ofbiz.org/index.html

BTW, David : at least on my PC (Win2000) Advantage is not visible in firefox 1.0.6 (ok in Linux and ok with ie 6 on Windows). Seems to be related with CSS classe.

Jacques

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Cannot start OFBIZ

David E. Jones

That list isn't a reliable list of the actual libraries used in
OFBiz, it is just a set of links to related open source projects. To
see the actuals you can look at the jar files in place, but it really
requires a fair knowledge of lower level J2EE standards and how they
fit together and such. If you understand those it is easy to trace,
if not I'd start by checking out a good book and learning about JDBC,
JTA, JNDI, and so on, especially more advanced things like TX aware
connection pooling and such. And, if you think you know about those
but can't make sense of the code in OFBiz, chances are you need a bit
of a refresher and spending some time with a book is a good idea anyway.

-David

On Sep 17, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> >I was just wondering, about which all projects are we dependent on.
>
> Please, look at the bottom of http://www.ofbiz.org/index.html
>
> BTW, David : at least on my PC (Win2000) Advantage is not visible
> in firefox 1.0.6 (ok in Linux and ok with ie 6 on Windows). Seems
> to be related with CSS classe.
>
> Jacques

Which book would you recommend ?

Jacques