Removing/hiding saved Credit Card data

Lindsey L.
Hello,

I tried searching previous posts about how to stop OFBiz from saving credit card data, as it is very risky, but did not come up with the information I needed.  I saw a few posts that said it should be configurable somewhere, but I was wondering if anyone has more specific data, i.e. where specifically these configurations need to be made.  I'm hoping it will be an easy switch, as I am not extremely technically inclined, but chances are it's a little more in-depth.  Either way, I'm looking for some guidance in how to go about doing this.

Thank you for any directions!

Lindsey

RE: Removing/hiding saved Credit Card data

Christopher L
What credit card data specifically?  Just card number and expiration date?

It wouldn't be very hard to remove the data, maybe a few hours of coding max (not configuration).  I'd make sure you can reconcile things like charge-backs, via some mechanism at your processor.  Further, depending on your CC processor, you may have to retain the data at least through shipment of product (charge settlement).

ofbiz/applications/accounting/payment is where you'd want to start looking.

Chris Lombardi

> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:34:41 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Removing/hiding saved Credit Card data
>

> Hello,
>
> I tried searching previous posts about how to stop OFBiz from saving credit
> card data, as it is very risky, but did not come up with the information I
> needed.  I saw a few posts that said it should be configurable somewhere,
> but I was wondering if anyone has more specific data, i.e. where
> specifically these configurations need to be made.  I'm hoping it will be an
> easy switch, as I am not extremely technically inclined, but chances are
> it's a little more in-depth.  Either way, I'm looking for some guidance in
> how to go about doing this.
>
> Thank you for any directions!
>
> Lindsey

Re: Removing/hiding saved Credit Card data

from a may email:
CC # are encrypted in the DB.
they can be un-encrypted for display
the Display of numbers can be limited.
other than that I am unaware of any simple way to not store the CC number.
with proper security measures the CC is secure and can pass the PCI audit.

Lindsey L. sent the following on 10/28/2008 1:34 PM: