SQL help needed

Re: Unsubscribe

David E Jones

Except that junk mail filtered messages are often not bounced... so
the server would never know, and the user either.

-David

On Nov 23, 2007, at 4:20 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> one of the list servers I am on sends out a ping message, something
> similar to the ezmlm warning on our ml
> it if bounces it tries one more time then removes the email from the
> list.
> this would take care of emails that can not be accessed by the user.
>
> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/23/2007 2:24 PM:
>> Gavin,
>>
>> Thanks for suggestion, I added your comment. I'm a moderator of
>> those lists (or I was since I did not see a message to moderat since
>> 09/14/07. BTW is that normal, even if I prefer it ? ;o) but I don't
>> know (or have the rights) to remove Cahn from the list.
>>
>> And like David said already many times.Two common problems people
>> run into:
>> 1. sending the message from an email address different from the one
>> subscribed
>> 2. receiving the reply, but having it caught by a junk mail filter

>> Jacques
>>
>> De : "Gavin Bee" <[hidden email]>
>>> Could an admin please remove [hidden email] manually?
>>>
>>> In general pointing to the documentation works.  However, in this
>>> case it
>>> seems that Cahn is unable to follow the directions on the Mailing
>>> Lists
>>> page.
>>>
>>> Additionally, the following explicit instructions could be added
>>> to the
>>> Mailing Lists page ... "To unsubscribe from any of the following
>>> lists, you
>>> need to send an empty, subjectless email to unsubscribe address
>>> listed
>>> below.  In other words, click the appropriate unsubscribe link
>>> below and
>>> press send."

Re: Unsubscribe

Michael Jensen-5
I'm not sure what kind of mail list software apache uses on their
backend, but it sounds like they need to implement a feature equivalent
to one that mailman has:
----
(Administrivia filter) Check postings and intercept ones that seem to be
administrative requests? - If you activate this feature Mailman will
check traffic for administrative requests that have inadvertently been
sent to the list. This will prevent the classic case of a user sending a
note to the entire list membership saying "unsubscribe."
----

Mike

David E Jones wrote:

> Except that junk mail filtered messages are often not bounced... so the
> server would never know, and the user either.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 23, 2007, at 4:20 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> one of the list servers I am on sends out a ping message, something
>> similar to the ezmlm warning on our ml
>> it if bounces it tries one more time then removes the email from the
>> list.
>> this would take care of emails that can not be accessed by the user.
>>
>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/23/2007 2:24 PM:
>>> Gavin,
>>>
>>> Thanks for suggestion, I added your comment. I'm a moderator of those
>>> lists (or I was since I did not see a message to moderat since
>>> 09/14/07. BTW is that normal, even if I prefer it ? ;o) but I don't
>>> know (or have the rights) to remove Cahn from the list.
>>>
>>> And like David said already many times.Two common problems people run
>>> into:
>>> 1. sending the message from an email address different from the one
>>> subscribed
>>> 2. receiving the reply, but having it caught by a junk mail filter
>>>
>>> BTW I think it would be fair to actualise the content of
>>> http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> De : "Gavin Bee" <[hidden email]>

however if the user has closed the account or does not use it.
it will bounce from no such account or mailbox full.
this will handle the accounts that can not be sent from.

David E Jones sent the following on 11/23/2007 6:03 PM:

> Except that junk mail filtered messages are often not bounced... so the
> server would never know, and the user either.
>
> -David
>

> On Nov 23, 2007, at 4:20 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> one of the list servers I am on sends out a ping message, something
>> similar to the ezmlm warning on our ml
>> it if bounces it tries one more time then removes the email from the
>> list.
>> this would take care of emails that can not be accessed by the user.
>>
>> Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/23/2007 2:24 PM:
>>> Gavin,
>>>
>>> Thanks for suggestion, I added your comment. I'm a moderator of those
>>> lists (or I was since I did not see a message to moderat since
>>> 09/14/07. BTW is that normal, even if I prefer it ? ;o) but I don't
>>> know (or have the rights) to remove Cahn from the list.
>>>
>>> And like David said already many times.Two common problems people run
>>> into:
>>> 1. sending the message from an email address different from the one
>>> subscribed
>>> 2. receiving the reply, but having it caught by a junk mail filter
>>>
>>> BTW I think it would be fair to actualise the content of
>>> http://lists.ofbiz.org/mailman/listinfo
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>
>>> De : "Gavin Bee" <[hidden email]>

Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

SkipDever
Is there any good documentatin of what these tags represent?

I looked at :
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit

Which was great, but died right when it was getting into the meat of the
question.  Are there any similiar documents?

I did a search on the Wiki for "widget" but found nothing good but the
above.  I found a "cookbook" on the opentaps site but it was answering
questions that were to advanced for me.

Anybody know of anything else?

Re: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

BJ Freeman
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php
but I just dug thru the code.
also using a xml editor that reads the schema helps.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 11/24/2007 5:40 PM:

> Is there any good documentatin of what these tags represent?
>
> I looked at :
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit
>
> Which was great, but died right when it was getting into the meat of the
> question.  Are there any similiar documents?
>
> I did a search on the Wiki for "widget" but found nothing good but the
> above.  I found a "cookbook" on the opentaps site but it was answering
> questions that were to advanced for me.
>
> Anybody know of anything else?

RE: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

SkipDever
Thanks BJ, I already looked at all these, guess I'll have to follow in your
footsteps and slog throught it.

Skip

also using a xml editor that reads the schema helps.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 11/24/2007 5:40 PM:

> Is there any good documentatin of what these tags represent?
>
> I looked at :
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit
>
> Which was great, but died right when it was getting into the meat of the
> question.  Are there any similiar documents?
>
> I did a search on the Wiki for "widget" but found nothing good but the
> above.  I found a "cookbook" on the opentaps site but it was answering
> questions that were to advanced for me.
>
> Anybody know of anything else?

RE: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

SkipDever
Well Jonathon, here a topic ripe for the author just breaking to get out.

BTW, the author of the mention document,  Torsten Schlabach, is a great
technical writer.  Even with only three hours sleep, I read the thing twice
and got something out of it in spite of my fog shrouded neurons.

Skip

also using a xml editor that reads the schema helps.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 11/24/2007 5:40 PM:

> Is there any good documentatin of what these tags represent?
>
> I looked at :
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit
>
> Which was great, but died right when it was getting into the meat of the
> question.  Are there any similiar documents?
>
> I did a search on the Wiki for "widget" but found nothing good but the
> above.  I found a "cookbook" on the opentaps site but it was answering
> questions that were to advanced for me.
>
> Anybody know of anything else?

Widgets, containers, etc

SkipDever
I still haven't got a good handle on what can be done with this widget
stuff, so I am just going to plunge in based on the samples.  However, I
have one question someone might know the answer to.

I want a screen like this:

----------------------------------------+
--------------------Title----------------

Some ftl

--------------------Title----------------+

some ftl

+----Title1--------+--------Title2--------+

   some ftl        |    someother ftl     |

My question concerns displaying containers side by side like the Titlt1 and
Title2.  Can this be done with a widget property and if so, is there a
sample somewhere.  I know how to do this in the ftl but I wanted to be able
to use the widgets separately in other places.

Skip

Re: Widgets, containers, etc

BJ Freeman
look at the eccommerce widet it is by far the best example.
applications/ecommerce/widget/commonscreens.xml
callout for rightbar leftbar with style=right
then use the CSS to move them around.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 11/25/2007 1:38 PM:

> I still haven't got a good handle on what can be done with this widget
> stuff, so I am just going to plunge in based on the samples.  However, I
> have one question someone might know the answer to.
>
> I want a screen like this:
>

> ----------------------------------------+
> --------------------Title----------------
>
> Some ftl

> --------------------Title----------------+
>
> some ftl
>
> +----Title1--------+--------Title2--------+
>
>    some ftl        |    someother ftl     |
>

> My question concerns displaying containers side by side like the Titlt1 and
> Title2.  Can this be done with a widget property and if so, is there a
> sample somewhere.  I know how to do this in the ftl but I wanted to be able
> to use the widgets separately in other places.
>
> Skip

Re: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

David E Jones

I'd recommend starting here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams

-David

On Nov 24, 2007, at 6:40 PM, skip@thedevers wrote:

> Is there any good documentatin of what these tags represent?
>
> I looked at :
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Understanding+the+OFBiz+Widget+Toolkit
>
> Which was great, but died right when it was getting into the meat of
> the
> question.  Are there any similiar documents?
>
> I did a search on the Wiki for "widget" but found nothing good but the
> above.  I found a "cookbook" on the opentaps site but it was answering
> questions that were to advanced for me.
>
> Anybody know of anything else?

Re: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

jonwimp
Coming soon, soon. :)

I'm currently ripping through the framework codes to write docs for framework usage and behavior.
Quirks and all.

Jonathon

skip@thedevers wrote:

> Well Jonathon, here a topic ripe for the author just breaking to get out.
>
> BTW, the author of the mention document,  Torsten Schlabach, is a great
> technical writer.  Even with only three hours sleep, I read the thing twice
> and got something out of it in spite of my fog shrouded neurons.
>
> Skip

I'd be happy to buy the first copy!  Count me in for a paid subscription.

skip@thedevers wrote:
> Well Jonathon, here a topic ripe for the author just breaking to get out.
>
> BTW, the author of the mention document,  Torsten Schlabach, is a great
> technical writer.  Even with only three hours sleep, I read the thing
twice

> and got something out of it in spite of my fog shrouded neurons.
>
> Skip

Skip,

A quick one here, since I'm currently writing on this privately.

A screen widget is your stackable building block. Use it everywhere.

Screen widgets can include other screen widgets.

or right.

Sometimes, you might still wanna use FTL. See ${component:common}/webcommon/includes/header.ftl
for an example where FTL couldn't be avoided. Component "common" is in the /framework folder.

You can wrap FTL fragments in screen widgets. Again, use screen widgets as your stackable building
blocks.

Jonathon

skip@thedevers wrote:

> I still haven't got a good handle on what can be done with this widget
> stuff, so I am just going to plunge in based on the samples.  However, I
> have one question someone might know the answer to.
>
> I want a screen like this:
>

> ----------------------------------------+
> --------------------Title----------------
>
> Some ftl

> --------------------Title----------------+
>
> some ftl
>
> +----Title1--------+--------Title2--------+
>
>    some ftl        |    someother ftl     |
>

> My question concerns displaying containers side by side like the Titlt1 and
> Title2.  Can this be done with a widget property and if so, is there a
> sample somewhere.  I know how to do this in the ftl but I wanted to be able
> to use the widgets separately in other places.
>
> Skip

Re: Widgets, Forms, Containers, etc

jonwimp
Ok, boss, will let you know when it's ready (in a couple of months or earlier).

As is usually the fate of me, I don't own this documentation. I'm seldom the boss. Maybe if I get
dumber, I can be promoted, and can tell my former bosses "I'm the boss of you now, because you're
smarter than me!". Heh. Kidding. Busy and stressed now.

Why do bosses always expect me to be smarter than them and yet serve them? No, they tell me
they're serving me. "I'm facilitating the efficient exercise of your smarts." Right.

Jonathon

skip@thedevers wrote:

> I'd be happy to buy the first copy!  Count me in for a paid subscription.

Lol "I'm facilitating the efficient exercise of your smarts."

Gotta remember that.

Skip

skip@thedevers wrote:

> I'd be happy to buy the first copy!  Count me in for a paid subscription.

Or just use the existing stuff, starting here (and buy the complete
version if needed/desired):

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams

Of course, it would be great to see free documentation for all of
this, but so far no one has really taken that on (a month without pay
to create such a thing isn't easy I suppose...).

-David