USPS rate estimation

Dave Tenerowicz
We've encountered a puzzling issue with postal service rate estimation.
Wonder if anyone else has encountered authentication issues with USPS?

Prior to our testing, we obtained an USPS account number and access
credentials (accountId, password, etc). We reviewed the api details from
USPS and put the values for access credentials  in the
shipment.properties file in OfBiz.

However when we test, we receive authentication errors, and as a result
do not receive rates back. We are certain that we are using the correct
authentication values from USPS.

Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue accessing USPS and
retrieving estimated rates?
Any suggestions?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: USPS rate estimation

Walter Vaughan
Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
> Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue accessing USPS and
> retrieving estimated rates?
> Any suggestions?

I filled out a questionaire after I got the credentials and I answered "yes" to
batch processing and they revoked them :(

No amount of begging so far has got me out of the dog house.

Re: USPS rate estimation

Dave Tenerowicz
Oh my. So you think they are trying to restrict impacts to their servers?
Who are you speaking with? Would it help to have another voice "begging"
(lol)

-Dave

Walter Vaughan wrote:

> Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
>> Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue accessing USPS and
>> retrieving estimated rates?
>> Any suggestions?
>
> I filled out a questionaire after I got the credentials and I answered
> "yes" to batch processing and they revoked them :(
>
> No amount of begging so far has got me out of the dog house.

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: USPS rate estimation

may need to go this route
http://ribbs.usps.gov/files/NCOAlink/DIST_INFO/DIST_CERT_PROC_V6.2.PDF

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 11/13/2007 2:41 PM:

> We've encountered a puzzling issue with postal service rate estimation.
> Wonder if anyone else has encountered authentication issues with USPS?
>
> Prior to our testing, we obtained an USPS account number and access
> credentials (accountId, password, etc). We reviewed the api details from
> USPS and put the values for access credentials  in the
> shipment.properties file in OfBiz.
>
> However when we test, we receive authentication errors, and as a result
> do not receive rates back. We are certain that we are using the correct
> authentication values from USPS.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this sort of issue accessing USPS and
> retrieving estimated rates?
> Any suggestions?

Re: USPS rate estimation

Dave Tenerowicz
Thanks BJ, but I'm not sure how this helps?

If I'm understanding this document correctly, the NCOA product is a
change of address service. We are simply trying to connect to USPS to do
rate estimation. What am I missing?

-Dave