Unable to create a user account.

rohit
Hi,

i need some help with security/permissions in ofbiz. I had edited few of security settings in ofbiz due to which i am no longer able to create new user accounts using  'ecommerce' application.

When i try to create a new account using 'ecommerce' application, i am getting the following error:
"
Party with specified party ID exists and you do not have permission to create a user login with this party ID. calling service createUserLogin in createPersonAndUserLogin calling service createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer
"

Currently i cannot do ant run-install, because i want to retain customer data and run-install may replace the entire database with new data.

i will sincerely appriate if someone can suggest ways to tackle this issue.

Thanks,

Rohit

Re: Unable to create a user account.

Vikas Mayur-2
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM, rohit2006 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need some help with security/permissions in ofbiz. I had edited few of
> security settings in ofbiz due to which i am no longer able to create new
> user accounts using  'ecommerce' application.
>
> When i try to create a new account using 'ecommerce' application, i am
> getting the following error:
> "
> Party with specified party ID exists and you do not have permission to
> create a user login with this party ID. calling service createUserLogin in
> createPersonAndUserLogin calling service createPersonAndUserLogin in
> createCustomer
> "

 I encountered a similar problem while working on a custom applications that
creates a customer, but I am not sure about it, but it works by clearing the
browser cache.

> Currently i cannot do ant run-install, because i want to retain customer
> data and run-install may replace the entire database with new data.

Thats not true. You only loose your data if you explicitly drop your
database or run ant clean-all in case of derby.

Vikas

> i will sincerely appriate if someone can suggest ways to tackle this
> issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rohit

Re: Unable to create a user account.

rohit
thanks for the mail Vikas. I was able to get it sorted out myself. I had changed the permission for the user 'system', which is the default user when ofbiz tries to create a new party.

once i updated it, it was working fine as normal.

Rohit

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM, rohit2006 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i need some help with security/permissions in ofbiz. I had edited few of
> security settings in ofbiz due to which i am no longer able to create new
> user accounts using  'ecommerce' application.
>
> When i try to create a new account using 'ecommerce' application, i am
> getting the following error:
> "
> Party with specified party ID exists and you do not have permission to
> create a user login with this party ID. calling service createUserLogin in
> createPersonAndUserLogin calling service createPersonAndUserLogin in
> createCustomer
> "

I encountered a similar problem while working on a custom applications that
creates a customer, but I am not sure about it, but it works by clearing the
browser cache.

> Currently i cannot do ant run-install, because i want to retain customer
> data and run-install may replace the entire database with new data.

Thats not true. You only loose your data if you explicitly drop your
database or run ant clean-all in case of derby.

Vikas

> i will sincerely appriate if someone can suggest ways to tackle this
> issue.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rohit

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Re: Unable to create a user account.

There was an issue from ecommerce related to create customer.
not sure if  the fixes ever made it into the svn.
also note that errors like the one you included may not be the root
error, so more log maybe needed to figure out the problem.

There was also some work done on anonymous log-ins for new customer in
the ecommerce.

You can export all your data thru webtools if you wish to back up or
upgrade to new DB format. you can selectively import the data after the
new db is set.

rohit2006 sent the following on 3/13/2008 9:44 AM: