Users - Credit Memo

cjhowe
If the price is incorrect on a shipped order, how do
you create/apply a credit memo?

Re: Users - Credit Memo

David E. Jones

Do you mean a partial refund? A Return is probably the best way to go.

-David

Chris Howe wrote:
> If the price is incorrect on a shipped order, how do
> you create/apply a credit memo?

Re: Users - Credit Memo

cjhowe
Two problems with using a return.

1) A return wants to do stuff with inventory and
facilities (there is no transfer of product)
2)  The Credit Memo needs to be appliable to the
original invoice so that the original invoice can be
closed.

Chris Howe wrote:
> If the price is incorrect on a shipped order, how do
> you create/apply a credit memo?

Re: Users - Credit Memo

David E. Jones

You can use a return without returning any items, just a return adjustment. Or you should be able to anyway... This will then turn into an invoice from the customer to the company to track that side of the financial transaction. If a payment has already been sent from the customer a refund payment can be sent based on that. If no payment or a partial payment has been received then this invoice can balance against the other on the customer's account.

-David

Chris Howe wrote:

> Two problems with using a return.
>
> 1) A return wants to do stuff with inventory and
> facilities (there is no transfer of product)
> 2)  The Credit Memo needs to be appliable to the
> original invoice so that the original invoice can be
> closed.
>

> =====David Jones wrote:
>
> Do you mean a partial refund? A Return is probably the
> best way to go.
>
> -David
>

> Chris Howe wrote:
>> If the price is incorrect on a shipped order, how do
>> you create/apply a credit memo?

Re: Users - Credit Memo

normal business it to create a credit memo which references the Order
and customer.
The would not effect the order module but accounting. When a
invoice/statement is generated, the Credit memo shows.
so I would imagine a transaction with a Credit memo type and the order
and PartyID included. Also there should be an email notification of this
event.

Chris Howe sent the following on 6/12/06 11:22 AM: