Users - DB field definitions

Kenneth Porter
I've got an existing homebrew ERP system and am looking at migrating to
OFBiz. I've got the ofbiz DB created and populated with seed data, and want
to look at what's involved to migrate my existing data into ofbiz (probably
via some Perl scripts). I'm thinking the first place to look is some kind
of directory or guide to ofbiz's tables. Where should I look for that?

Re: Users - DB field definitions

Adrian Crum
http://www.ofbiz.org/documents.html

The Data Model Resource Book, Vol 1

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> I've got an existing homebrew ERP system and am looking at migrating to
> OFBiz. I've got the ofbiz DB created and populated with seed data, and want
> to look at what's involved to migrate my existing data into ofbiz (probably
> via some Perl scripts). I'm thinking the first place to look is some kind
> of directory or guide to ofbiz's tables. Where should I look for that?

Re: Users - DB field definitions

David E. Jones

This book is a great resource for the general concepts. For more
specific concepts there is also a document linked to from the
documents page covering data model patterns in OFBiz.

For actual entity, field, and relationship reference: see the Entity
Reference in the WebTools webapp in your live OFBiz instance.

-David

On Mar 2, 2006, at 4:53 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> http://www.ofbiz.org/documents.html
>
> The Data Model Resource Book, Vol 1
>

> Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
>> I've got an existing homebrew ERP system and am looking at
>> migrating to
>> OFBiz. I've got the ofbiz DB created and populated with seed data,
>> and want
>> to look at what's involved to migrate my existing data into ofbiz
>> (probably
>> via some Perl scripts). I'm thinking the first place to look is
>> some kind
>> of directory or guide to ofbiz's tables. Where should I look for
>> that?

Re: Users - DB field definitions

Kenneth Porter
--On Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:00 PM -0700 "David E. Jones"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This book is a great resource for the general concepts. For more
> specific concepts there is also a document linked to from the
> documents page covering data model patterns in OFBiz.

I got the book but didn't know how tightly coupled it was to the actual
implementation.

> For actual entity, field, and relationship reference: see the Entity
> Reference in the WebTools webapp in your live OFBiz instance.

Good to know, thanks.