Users - Menu widgets

Vinay Agarwal

To create a vertical menu, that expands and collapses depending upon which item is selected, would one use the tree widget?

BTW, I just switched over from FTL based top menu bar to menu widget. It was much easier than I had expected. I really like the selected item highlighting part.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Menu widgets

byersa
Vinay,

Actually, I intended to make those menus dynamic. I had them such at one
time, but I never committed and haven't been able to find the code.
Might be a good place to use some of those Yahoo libraries. I am
probably not going to get to it anytime soon.

You could use the menus with the tree widget, but it would not respond
to mouseovers.

-Al

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> To create a vertical menu, that expands and collapses depending upon
> which item is selected, would one use the tree widget?
>

> BTW, I just switched over from FTL based top menu bar to menu widget.
> It was much easier than I had expected. I really like the selected
> item highlighting part.
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Blessing, Jeffrey J
Vinay,

How, exactly, did you change the top menu bar from FTL to menu widgets?

Thanks (in advance),
-Jeff

________________________________

winmail.dat (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Vinay Agarwal
1. Created top menu based on content/widget/ContentMenus.xml.
2. I was originally using ecommerce based header.ftl. I merged my
header.ftl with common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl. Specifically, I
deleted the top menu bar inherited from ecommerce and added links to
maincss.css and tabstyles.css among other minor stuff.
3. In the screen definitions, set "headerItem" to menu name that needs
to be highlighted.

How, exactly, did you change the top menu bar from FTL to menu widgets?

Thanks (in advance),

-Jeff

  _____

winmail.dat (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Is this helpful?
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/ofbiz_menu_widget_cookbook.txt

Would you suggest any changes to it?

Si

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

>1. Created top menu based on content/widget/ContentMenus.xml.
>2. I was originally using ecommerce based header.ftl. I merged my
>header.ftl with common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl. Specifically, I
>deleted the top menu bar inherited from ecommerce and added links to
>maincss.css and tabstyles.css among other minor stuff.
>3. In the screen definitions, set "headerItem" to menu name that needs
>to be highlighted.

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Vinay Agarwal
Forgot one thing-changed main-decorator to include the newly defined top
menu.

winmail.dat (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Vinay Agarwal
The menu widget cookbook is just fine.

>1. Created top menu based on content/widget/ContentMenus.xml.
>2. I was originally using ecommerce based header.ftl. I merged my
>header.ftl with common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl. Specifically, I
>deleted the top menu bar inherited from ecommerce and added links to
>maincss.css and tabstyles.css among other minor stuff.
>3. In the screen definitions, set "headerItem" to menu name that needs
>to be highlighted.

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Blessing, Jeffrey J
Yes, but the learning curve is steep!  While digging through the decorator pattern implementation in ofbiz, I come across the tag <@ofbizContentUrl> with some relative path as the tag body.  How is this being translated exactly?
________________________________

>1.     Created top menu based on content/widget/ContentMenus.xml.
>2.     I was originally using ecommerce based header.ftl. I merged my
>header.ftl with common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl. Specifically, I
>deleted the top menu bar inherited from ecommerce and added links to
>maincss.css and tabstyles.css among other minor stuff.
>3.     In the screen definitions, set "headerItem" to menu name that needs
>to be highlighted.

<@ofbizContentUrl> adds static content prefix if you want to keep static
content on a separate server for performance optimization.

And I 100% agree with you that the learning curve is very steep. I am a
newbie myself. I come from Windows application environment when Visual
Studio automates (and hides) a lot of such gory details. But a person
working with OFBiz has to know all those while focusing on his/her business
logic. May be we can work on IDE customizations to automate/hide such
details in future.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

>1.     Created top menu based on content/widget/ContentMenus.xml.
>2.     I was originally using ecommerce based header.ftl. I merged my
>header.ftl with common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl. Specifically, I
>deleted the top menu bar inherited from ecommerce and added links to
>maincss.css and tabstyles.css among other minor stuff.
>3.     In the screen definitions, set "headerItem" to menu name that needs
>to be highlighted.

winmail.dat (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Menu widgets

Have you guys tried using the documentation to dampen the learning
curve? The Basic Production Setup Guide, for example, has some
information on this and many other configuration related things.

-David