Users - Ecommerce: Where, in checkout process, the items are pulled from inventory?

Users - Ecommerce: Where, in checkout process, the items are pulled from inventory?

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

I have been going through the ecommerce application checkout process and I just can’t find where the items are pulled from inventory. Can anyone point me to a function? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Ecommerce: Where, in checkout process, the items are pulled from inventory?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Vinay,

in the checkout process, when the order is created, the inventory items
are *reserved* for the order, not actually *pulled* from inventory.
For this reason, you'll see (in Facility->Inventory) that the QOH
(Quantity On Hand) for the inventory items is the same while the ATP
quantity (Available To Promise) will reflect the items reserved.
Items are pulled from inventory when a shipment is created for the order
and the order items are issued to the shipment: you can do this from the
order view screen (after you have approved the order) by clicking the
"Quick Ship Entire Order" or "Create Shipment for Ship Group" links.

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have been going through the ecommerce application checkout process and
> I just can’t find where the items are pulled from inventory. Can anyone
> point me to a function? Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Ecommerce: Where, in checkout process, the items are pulled from inventory?

Vinay Agarwal
Jacopo,
Thanks, it is very helpful.