Users - Error creating PDF of Order

Mark Mantarro

Hello,

I’ve been running on r5664, but am looking to move up to the newest version.  I updated to r6418 and then r6445 but I can not get the PDF option to render when viewing an order.  From the error message it looks like an improvement in r6108 “New and improved company header for order receipts and other PDFs: it will now retrieve company information and logo from the database settings.” is the culprit.

How do I check and correct my company info and logo in the database?  Is that really the problem?

Here is the log excerpt.  Can’t wait to understand this better so I can contribute….

Mark M

Expression postalAddress is undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl.

The problematic instruction:

----------

==> ${postalAddress.address1?if_exists} [on line 13, column 29 in companyHeader.fo.ftl]

----------

Java backtrace for programmers:

----------

freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl.

Exception: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException

Message: Error rendering screen [CompanyLogo]: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error rendering included template at location [component://order/webapp/ordermgr/order/companyHeader.fo.ftl]: freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl. (Error rendering included template at location [component://order/webapp/ordermgr/order/companyHeader.fo.ftl]: freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl.)

Re: Users - Error creating PDF of Order

Hans Bakker
The main cause that this is happening is that some information is missing to
render the PDF by freemarker. Please have a look in your log files where this
is normally recorded. I have tried to catch all missing info fields but could
have missed one.....

please let me know which field is missing, i will correct it,
Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Friday 30 December 2005 11:58, Mark Mantarro wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've been running on r5664, but am looking to move up to the newest
> version. I updated to r6418 and then r6445 but I can not get the PDF option
> to render when viewing an order.  From the error message it looks like an
> improvement in r6108 "New and improved company header for order receipts
> and other PDFs: it will now retrieve company information and logo from the
> database settings." is the culprit.
>

> How do I check and correct my company info and logo in the database?  Is
> that really the problem?
>

> Here is the log excerpt..  Can't wait to understand this better so I can
> contribute..
>

> Mark M
>

> Expression postalAddress is undefined on line 13, column 31 in
> companyHeader.fo.ftl.
>
> The problematic instruction:
>
> ----------
>
> ==> ${postalAddress.address1?if_exists} [on line 13, column 29 in
> companyHeader.fo.ftl]
>
> ----------
>

> Java backtrace for programmers:
>
> ----------
>
> freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is
> undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl.
>

> Exception: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException
>
> Message: Error rendering screen [CompanyLogo]: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Error rendering included template at location
> [component://order/webapp/ordermgr/order/companyHeader.fo.ftl]:
> freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is
> undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl. (Error rendering
> included template at location
> [component://order/webapp/ordermgr/order/companyHeader.fo.ftl]:
> freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression postalAddress is
> undefined on line 13, column 31 in companyHeader.fo.ftl.)

Re: Users - Error creating PDF of Order

Ray Barlow
I'd look at the default demo data and see if you've
got areas missing in your data since those updates.

Generally on an upgrade there are 3 potential
problems:
1) The latest SVN has a bug in it: Keep a local clean
SVN around with just updated demo data on derby for
testing, so you can quickly identify an SVN problem.
2) You've changed local files. Tools like "svn st" and
winmerge or other diff tools to compare against a
clean SVN help.
3) There has been structure/relationship/new/old data
changes. Try using svn tools to view the history of
the /applications/ecommerce/data directory, and other
data directories, to see what has changed between the
versions.

Ray