Users - Order numbering ...

Ian Gilbert
I have a situation where a number of our invoices whilst being in
numerical order are not sequential.  Specifically there are missing
numbers so it might jump 1,2,3,9,14,15,16 etc.,  Is this expected
behaviour?  I'm being asked by our accounts team to find this out and
possibly insert the missing numbers as 'empty' orders so that they can be
audited. I'm checking with them about the urgency/importance of this but
would like to set the system up so that they are sequential from now on if
possible.

Best wishes

Ian

Re: Users - Order numbering ...

Si Chen-2
David implemented a invoice-sequencing feature recently (three - four
months ago?) specifically for European markets.  It applies to invoices
though not orders, but I think that's probably what your accountant
would be concerned about anyway?

Si

Ian Gilbert wrote:

>I have a situation where a number of our invoices whilst being in
>numerical order are not sequential.  Specifically there are missing
>numbers so it might jump 1,2,3,9,14,15,16 etc.,  Is this expected
>behaviour?  I'm being asked by our accounts team to find this out and
>possibly insert the missing numbers as 'empty' orders so that they can be
>audited. I'm checking with them about the urgency/importance of this but
>would like to set the system up so that they are sequential from now on if
>possible.
>
>Best wishes
>
>Ian

Re: Users - Order numbering ...

Ian Gilbert
You are right :)  I've been basing invoicing on order numbers which is
clearly incorrect.  Thanks very much for the clarification.  Our invoices
are currently generated outside Ofbiz (hoping to change that soon) and I
took the easy (and wrong) way to number them.

Thanks Si

Best wishes

Ian