Users - Running ofbiz in clusters

Mark-60
Hi everybody,

I just went through some of the java code to hunt down a bug and noticed that a lot of things are stuffed into the HttpSession.
That made start wondering about what will happen to ofbiz when it is running in a cluster of web servers. Will it work? Does it depend on the server?
The one thing I was tracking down (ShoppingCart) implements Serializable, but is this the case for everything?

Has anybody tried it? Is anybody running a cluster in production?

Thanks,

MARK

Re: Users - Running ofbiz in clusters

David E. Jones

OFBiz just uses the J2EE infrastructure it sits on for this sort of thing, in this case the Servlet container is the important one. By default OFBiz runs on Tomcat and it does support session replication. I do know of some groups running a cluster using this. Various other app servers also support session replication that I know people are using with OFBiz, like Weblogic for example.

-David