Users - Si Chen's sendEmail

Charles Johnson-4
This is related to Si Chen's comments in the "partymgr send email"
series of posts, in which he said:

It works out of the box already.  I tested it this morning.  See
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-438

I recently checked out 7509 from SVN and despite having configured
general.properties properly (AFAIK) I still can't get mail to send from
the "(send email)" link in the Party manager, nor can I get it to send
from 'New Communication'.

What gives? Why does it say 'Save'? Save to what? There's no record of a
'sendX' service having been called or anything remotely similar. Is it
meant to be queued as a job or what?

CJ

Re: Users - Si Chen's sendEmail & can't send email

Ray Barlow
 From the latest SVN version testing on Win2K I have to delete one jar
file to get email sending:
    /base/lib/j2eespecs/geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.0.jar
otherwise it gets in the way of the new Glassfish jar. Only tested with
creating an order i.e. order confirmation and then using order manager
to send confirmation again with added comment. This is also testing
against Java 1.4.

Ray

Si Chen wrote:

> I just sent you two emails, one from the CRM add-on and one from Party
> Manager.  Let me know if you get them, and if the instructions
> contained in them make sense.  Si
>
> Charles Johnson wrote:
>
>>This is related to Si Chen's comments in the "partymgr send email"
>>series of posts, in which he said:
>>

>>It works out of the box already.  I tested it this morning.  See
>>http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-438
>>

>>I recently checked out 7509 from SVN and despite having configured
>>general.properties properly (AFAIK) I still can't get mail to send from
>>the "(send email)" link in the Party manager, nor can I get it to send
>>from 'New Communication'.
>>
>>What gives? Why does it say 'Save'? Save to what? There's no record of a
>>'sendX' service having been called or anything remotely similar. Is it
>>meant to be queued as a job or what?
>>
>>CJ

Re: Users - Si Chen's sendEmail & can't send email

David E. Jones

Thanks for testing that Ray. The javamail spec jar is removed in rev 7745.

-David