Users - Structure of OfBiz application

rams-2
Hi All,

I saw some sample OfBiz applications and I executed them also.

But I am unable to understand the flow.

In other frameworks the flow can easily explained.

But in this I could not.

We are defining the data model in  XML files.
We are not writing any JDBC code. But I want display the data which is in the
DB on the UI( using JSP or HTML)

In this case I need to interact with the DB.

But No method is given to interact with DB. I am not understanding How we the
interaction between UI and DB..?

What are the components in OfBiz that are implementing Business Layer?

If Services are implementing the Business Layer then what is the need of java
source files..?

How much java code we can use in typical OfBiz application..?
How much java code we should actually use if We want to call it as an
efficient OFBiz application ?

Anyone please answer these questions and also suggest me how can I learn ofBiz
as quickly as possible ?
Thanks and Regards
RamReddy.S

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.

Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Users - Structure of OfBiz application

Jacopo Cappellato
Have a look at the framework/example component, at the videos
http://www.ofbiz.org/VideosFrameworkIntro.html and at the docs in:
http://www.ofbiz.org/documents.html

and tutorials:

http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/tutorials.php

Jacopo

rams wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I saw some sample OfBiz applications and I executed them also.
>
> But I am unable to understand the flow.
>
> In other frameworks the flow can easily explained.
>
> But in this I could not.
>
> We are defining the data model in  XML files.
> We are not writing any JDBC code. But I want display the data which is in the
> DB on the UI( using JSP or HTML)
>
> In this case I need to interact with the DB.
>
> But No method is given to interact with DB. I am not understanding How we the
> interaction between UI and DB..?
>
> What are the components in OfBiz that are implementing Business Layer?
>
> If Services are implementing the Business Layer then what is the need of java
> source files..?
>
> How much java code we can use in typical OfBiz application..?
> How much java code we should actually use if We want to call it as an
> efficient OFBiz application ?
>
> Anyone please answer these questions and also suggest me how can I learn ofBiz
> as quickly as possible ?
> Thanks and Regards
> RamReddy.S
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or received it in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please do not copy it for any purpose or disclose its contents.
>
> Copyright Tarang Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2004. All rights Reserved

Re: Users - Structure of OfBiz application

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Ram,
In ofbiz you don't need to each and every thing.
There is Entity Engine that is responsible for all the JDBC related stuff.

So the better thing to do the development in the ofbiz is first read carefully all the documentation provided on http://www.ofbiz.org website and http://www.opensourcestrategies.com and  http://ofbizwiki.go-integral.com/

Regards
Ashish