Users - pos setting tax

Schreibmaier Joachim
Hi,

I have the following problem with the taxes.

The calculation of the tax in my ecommerce application is correct. But in
the pos application, I get the exception: The address(es) used for tax
calculation did not have State/Province or Country values set, so we cannot
determine the tax to charge.

In the profile for the user who logs in to the pos application the state is
set. I have also set the VAT Tax Auth Geo ID and Vat Tax Auth Party Id for
both stores.

What can be the reason for that?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Joachim

--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Users - pos setting tax

Hi Joachim,

For taxes in POS you have to set _NA_ for your Product Rates in Accountnig/Tax
Autorithies. Don't forget to set your Store ID.

Jacques

> I have the following problem with the taxes.
>
> The calculation of the tax in my ecommerce application is correct. But in
> the pos application, I get the exception: The address(es) used for tax
> calculation did not have State/Province or Country values set, so we cannot
> determine the tax to charge.
>
> In the profile for the user who logs in to the pos application the state is
> set. I have also set the VAT Tax Auth Geo ID and Vat Tax Auth Party Id for
> both stores.
>
> What can be the reason for that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards
> Joachim
>
> --
> Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Users - pos setting tax

Schreibmaier Joachim

> For taxes in POS you have to set _NA_ for your Product Rates in
> Accountnig/Tax Autorithies. Don't forget to set your Store ID.

Thanks for your reply. I have set the sales tax in product rates for my
retail store to the _NA_ tax authority. I still get the error:
The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province or
Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.

The CommonGeo and Party are set to _NA_. Should there be a Party set for the
Tax Authority or not? With both methods the sales tax isn't implemented. The
product rates have one entry for sales tax and the store id for my retail
store. In the tab Category only the Category with my products is set.

What remains to be done?

Thanks for reply.

Best Regards

Joachim

--
Joachim Schreibmaier

Re: Users - pos setting tax

Schreibmaier Joachim
> Thanks for your reply. I have set the sales tax in product rates for
> my retail store to the _NA_ tax authority. I still get the error:
> The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province
> or Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.

I've solved the problem. I havn't set a contact mech form my facility
which is responsible for my product store.

Best Regards

--
Joachim

Re: Users - pos setting tax

> > Thanks for your reply. I have set the sales tax in product rates for
> > my retail store to the _NA_ tax authority. I still get the error:
> > The address(es) used for tax  calculation did not have State/Province
> > or Country values set, so we cannot determine the tax to charge.
>
> I've solved the problem. I havn't set a contact mech form my facility
> which is responsible for my product store.

Well, I knew that you would find by yourself. These messages are self
explaining, thanks the guy who made them !

Jacques