Users - promo use limits

Sterling Okura

On a 3.0 installation (planning on upgrading to latest sequoia release), we have a problem with promo use limits only subtracting upon checkout, but being enforced upon add to cart.  This allows for a window where customers can add to their cart before previous users checkout, and continue to use the promo even after the limit has been reached.  We once had 20 users over the limit when customers added to the promo to their cart all within a period of a few minutes.

Just wondering if this had been addressed in more recent versions of the code?  Has anyone tried decrementing a promo use upon add to cart and releasing the use upon cart expiration?  If so, I would love to hear more about it.  If not, this might be something I could work on and contribute.

Thank you,

sterling