Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Eclipse compiler has a error GetBigDecimal(string) is undefined for type
Generic value

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

Si Chen-2
Any more details than this?

BJ Freeman wrote:

> Eclipse compiler has a error GetBigDecimal(string) is undefined for type
> Generic value

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
accountsHelper.java ->many lines -> line 57
uitlsCOGS.java ->many lines -> line 41
ledgerservices.java ->many lines -> line 39
what other info do I need to send?

Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 12:45 PM:

> Any more details than this?
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>>Eclipse compiler has a error GetBigDecimal(string) is undefined for type
>>Generic value

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Are you using Eclipse with sdk 1.4.2_11?
my understanding is
BigDecimal  cost =
then cost is assigned the appropriate java.math.BigDecimal cast.
all of the rest code the uses BigDecimal as a Cast throws no error.
just the ones using .GetBigDecimal defined in resultsetpool.java

or am I missing something.

Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 2:40 PM:

> They compile for me, and that method is now part of the API:
> http://www.ofbiz.org/api/framework/entity/build/javadocs/index.html
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> accountsHelper.java ->many lines -> line 57
>> uitlsCOGS.java ->many lines -> line 41
>> ledgerservices.java ->many lines -> line 39
>> what other info do I need to send?
>>

>> Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 12:45 PM:
>>

>>> Any more details than this?

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

David E. Jones

To interpret what Si said: perhaps you are using a recent revision of the financials package with an older version of OFBiz (or maybe you just need to refresh your Eclipse project).

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> Are you using Eclipse with sdk 1.4.2_11?
> my understanding is
> BigDecimal  cost =
> then cost is assigned the appropriate java.math.BigDecimal cast.
> all of the rest code the uses BigDecimal as a Cast throws no error.
> just the ones using .GetBigDecimal defined in resultsetpool.java
>
> or am I missing something.
>
> Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 2:40 PM:
>> They compile for me, and that method is now part of the API:
>> http://www.ofbiz.org/api/framework/entity/build/javadocs/index.html
>>

>> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> accountsHelper.java ->many lines -> line 57
>>> uitlsCOGS.java ->many lines -> line 41
>>> ledgerservices.java ->many lines -> line 39
>>> what other info do I need to send?
>>>

>>> Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 12:45 PM:

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Yes I did that. maybe I am missing a file?

David E. Jones sent the following on 3/27/06 3:03 PM:

> To interpret what Si said: perhaps you are using a recent revision of the financials package with an older version of OFBiz (or maybe you just need to refresh your Eclipse project).
>
> -David
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>>Are you using Eclipse with sdk 1.4.2_11?
>>my understanding is
>>BigDecimal  cost =
>>then cost is assigned the appropriate java.math.BigDecimal cast.
>>all of the rest code the uses BigDecimal as a Cast throws no error.
>>just the ones using .GetBigDecimal defined in resultsetpool.java
>>
>>or am I missing something.
>>
>>Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 2:40 PM:
>>
>>>They compile for me, and that method is now part of the API:
>>>http://www.ofbiz.org/api/framework/entity/build/javadocs/index.html

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Ok, I guess what is being said is there other files in the framework
that have to be changed to support the financials. Strange that I got
this one error in all the financials, though.
I am anxious to get them running.
will work on it now I have a fresh mind.
:)

BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/27/06 3:32 PM:

> Yes I did that. maybe I am missing a file?
>
> David E. Jones sent the following on 3/27/06 3:03 PM:
>
>>To interpret what Si said: perhaps you are using a recent revision of the financials package with an older version of OFBiz (or maybe you just need to refresh your Eclipse project).
>>
>>-David
>>

>>BJ Freeman wrote:
>>

>>>Are you using Eclipse with sdk 1.4.2_11?
>>>my understanding is
>>>BigDecimal  cost =
>>>then cost is assigned the appropriate java.math.BigDecimal cast.
>>>all of the rest code the uses BigDecimal as a Cast throws no error.
>>>just the ones using .GetBigDecimal defined in resultsetpool.java
>>>
>>>or am I missing something.
>>>
>>>Si Chen sent the following on 3/27/06 2:40 PM:

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
OK
the GenericValue Class, based on the link si posted, does not have a
getBigDecimal Method.
the lines I posted follow a var declared as GenericValue.
I have the latest both of the ofbiz trunk and finacials. neither of the
genericType class have the GetBigDecimal.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/28/06 3:03 AM:

> Ok, I guess what is being said is there other files in the framework
> that have to be changed to support the financials. Strange that I got
> this one error in all the financials, though.
> I am anxious to get them running.
> will work on it now I have a fresh mind.
> :)
>
> BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/27/06 3:32 PM:
>
>>Yes I did that. maybe I am missing a file?
>>
>>David E. Jones sent the following on 3/27/06 3:03 PM:
>>

>>>To interpret what Si said: perhaps you are using a recent revision of the financials package with an older version of OFBiz (or maybe you just need to refresh your Eclipse project).
>>>
>>>-David

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Ok now I look like I don't know anything.
found that I needed to add more files that included Generic class.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/28/06 9:15 AM:

> OK
> the GenericValue Class, based on the link si posted, does not have a
> getBigDecimal Method.
> the lines I posted follow a var declared as GenericValue.
> I have the latest both of the ofbiz trunk and finacials. neither of the
> genericType class have the GetBigDecimal.
>
> BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/28/06 3:03 AM:
>
>>Ok, I guess what is being said is there other files in the framework
>>that have to be changed to support the financials. Strange that I got
>>this one error in all the financials, though.
>>I am anxious to get them running.
>>will work on it now I have a fresh mind.
>>:)
>>
>>BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/27/06 3:32 PM:
>>

>>>Yes I did that. maybe I am missing a file?
>>>
>>>David E. Jones sent the following on 3/27/06 3:03 PM:

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ,

No, GenericValue doesn't have that method. It is on the GenericEntity class so it can be shared between GenericValue and GenericPK. And yes, it does exist. I wrote it myself a few months back and just checked it and it is there.

The name, BTW, is not "GetBigDecimal". Following standard Java naming conventions it starts with a lower case letter and is "getBigDecimal".

So, keep looking. The problem is NOT with the code. Chances are your setup is not what you think it is.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> OK
> the GenericValue Class, based on the link si posted, does not have a
> getBigDecimal Method.
> the lines I posted follow a var declared as GenericValue.
> I have the latest both of the ofbiz trunk and finacials. neither of the
> genericType class have the GetBigDecimal.
>
> BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/28/06 3:03 AM:
>> Ok, I guess what is being said is there other files in the framework
>> that have to be changed to support the financials. Strange that I got
>> this one error in all the financials, though.
>> I am anxious to get them running.
>> will work on it now I have a fresh mind.
>> :)
>>
>> BJ Freeman sent the following on 3/27/06 3:32 PM:
>>
>>> Yes I did that. maybe I am missing a file?
>>>
>>> David E. Jones sent the following on 3/27/06 3:03 PM:

Re: Users - resultinpool.java ->getbigdecimal

BJ Freeman
Yup.. but every once in while I guess I have to look dumb.
LOL.
sigh.

David E. Jones sent the following on 3/28/06 9:37 AM: