Users - using javascript in forms

Hao Jiang-4
Hello,

I want to use TinyMCE as WYSIWYG html editor in context, for template
editing, etc. But I found that all the fields at "Edit" page come from
forms, not ftl file.

Is it possible to use TinyMCE in forms? All those are javascript for
"textarea".

Thanks

Hao

Re: Users - using javascript in forms

David E. Jones

Why not use an FTL file?

On Feb 22, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use TinyMCE as WYSIWYG html editor in context, for template
> editing, etc. But I found that all the fields at "Edit" page come from
> forms, not ftl file.
>
> Is it possible to use TinyMCE in forms? All those are javascript for
> "textarea".
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Re: Users - using javascript in forms

Hao Jiang-4
Well, I don't want to change the existing structures, and now all the
"edit" pages are defined at (if I'm correct)

ofbiz/applications/content/webapp/content/layout/LayoutForms.xml

Do I have to write ftl pages to replace it?

Thanks

Hao

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 15:49 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:

> Why not use an FTL file?
>

> On Feb 22, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to use TinyMCE as WYSIWYG html editor in context, for template
> > editing, etc. But I found that all the fields at "Edit" page come from
> > forms, not ftl file.
> >
> > Is it possible to use TinyMCE in forms? All those are javascript for
> > "textarea".
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hao

Re: Users - using javascript in forms

Hans Bakker
Currently tinyMCE is used in the opentravelsystem. Try the help in the party
option of the hotelbackend webapplication. But note that this package is
LGPL. You can put the javascript in the header.ftl of the related component
so you can use it with the forms.
I am currently looking for an alternative package which is at least GPL but
even better apache 2.0.....

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Thursday 23 February 2006 05:35, Hao Jiang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use TinyMCE as WYSIWYG html editor in context, for template
> editing, etc. But I found that all the fields at "Edit" page come from
> forms, not ftl file.
>
> Is it possible to use TinyMCE in forms? All those are javascript for
> "textarea".
>
> Thanks
>
> Hao

Re: Users - using javascript in forms

David E. Jones

Actually, GPL should be avoided totally. With LGPL we can't include
the jar files, with GPL we can't even include the code... You can use
SPL, MPL, MIT, MIT/X, BSD, Apache, and other such licenses.

BTW, I don't know if we'll be moving the specialized applications
over in the first pass moving to the ASF. What I'm actually hoping
for is that OFBiz will become a top-level project, and then we can
have sub-projects for specialized and other similar things.

-David

On Feb 23, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Currently tinyMCE is used in the opentravelsystem. Try the help in
> the party
> option of the hotelbackend webapplication. But note that this
> package is
> LGPL. You can put the javascript in the header.ftl of the related
> component
> so you can use it with the forms.
> I am currently looking for an alternative package which is at least
> GPL but
> even better apache 2.0.....
>
> --
> Regards,
> Hans Bakker
> ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)
>
> If you want to verify that this message really originates from
> from the above person, download the public key from:
> http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc
>
> On Thursday 23 February 2006 05:35, Hao Jiang wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to use TinyMCE as WYSIWYG html editor in context, for template
>> editing, etc. But I found that all the fields at "Edit" page come
>> from
>> forms, not ftl file.
>>
>> Is it possible to use TinyMCE in forms? All those are javascript for
>> "textarea".
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hao

Re: Users - using javascript in forms