Users - why are we not able to create a new account

Users - why are we not able to create a new account

puranisank

Hi,
I am getting the following error when trying to create a new account while checkout in ecommerce.

"You must be logged in and have permission to create a user login with a party ID for a party that already exists. calling service createUserLogin in createPersonAndUserLogin calling service createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer".

Could I get the reason for this.

Thanks and regards
Purani

Re: Users - why are we not able to create a new account

cjhowe
Purani,

Lets disect this error message.

"You must be logged in and have permission to create a
user login with a party ID for a party that already
exists. calling service createUserLogin in
createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer"

"You must be logged in and have permission"

For what you're trying to do, you need to be logged
in.  If you are logged in, there are certain
permissions that you need (and are lacking) to perform
this function.

"to create a user login with a party ID for a party
that already exists"

You're trying to create a user login for a partyId
that is already in the system.  Obviously you would
want this protected by permissions so that random
people can't create logins for important people that
are in the system already.

"calling service createUserLogin in
createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer"

this error message came while calling the service
"createUserLogin" which was called by
"createPersonAndUserLogin" which was called by the
service "createCustomer".

As to the reason I think you came about this message.
You probably haven't installed the seed data.  If
there are no users in your system, you obviously
cannot log in.  If you cannot login, you cannot have
the permission to create new users.

==========Purani wrote:
Hi,
I am getting the following error when trying to create
a new account while checkout in ecommerce.

"You must be logged in and have permission to create a
user login with a party ID for a party that already
exists. calling service createUserLogin in
createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer".

Could I get the reason for this.

Thanks and regards
Purani

Re: Users - why are we not able to create a new account

puranisank

Thanks Chris,for the clear description of this error. I solved the error creating the seed data.

Purani

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 Chris Howe wrote :
>Purani,
>
>Lets disect this error message.
>
>"You must be logged in and have permission to create a
>user login with a party ID for a party that already
>exists. calling service createUserLogin in
>createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
>createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer"
>
>"You must be logged in and have permission"
>
>For what you're trying to do, you need to be logged
>in.  If you are logged in, there are certain
>permissions that you need (and are lacking) to perform
>this function.
>
>"to create a user login with a party ID for a party
>that already exists"
>
>You're trying to create a user login for a partyId
>that is already in the system.  Obviously you would
>want this protected by permissions so that random
>people can't create logins for important people that
>are in the system already.
>
>"calling service createUserLogin in
>createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
>createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer"
>
>this error message came while calling the service
>"createUserLogin" which was called by
>"createPersonAndUserLogin" which was called by the
>service "createCustomer".
>
>As to the reason I think you came about this message.
>You probably haven't installed the seed data.  If
>there are no users in your system, you obviously
>cannot log in.  If you cannot login, you cannot have
>the permission to create new users.
>

>==========Purani wrote:
>Hi,
>I am getting the following error when trying to create
>a new account while checkout in ecommerce.
>
>"You must be logged in and have permission to create a
>user login with a party ID for a party that already
>exists. calling service createUserLogin in
>createPersonAndUserLogin calling service
>createPersonAndUserLogin in createCustomer".
>
>Could I get the reason for this.
>
>Thanks and regards
>Purani

Re: Users - why are we not able to create a new account

Andrew Sykes
Purani,

simple-method tags have an optional login-required attribute, it
defaults to "true".

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - why are we not able to create a new account

Andrew Sykes
Oops, sorry, this has already been answered.

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - why are we not able to create a new account

puranisank

thanks Andrew. I solved it.

Purani