[VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

[VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next.

Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.

So the question is "Do you want to release R17 before releasing R18"?

Vote:
[ +1] release R17 before releasing R18
[ -1] do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.

We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.

Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz

Thank you for your attention

Re: [VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

Nicolas Malin-2
+1

On 24/01/2020 08:11, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of
> support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about
> the next.
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would
> prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> So the question is "Do you want to release R17 before releasing R18"?
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] release R17 before releasing R18
> [ -1] do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so
> this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is
> another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>

> Thank you for your attention
>
> Jacques

pEpkey.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

Jacopo Cappellato-3

PS: this call to vote is a bit confusing because the title of the vote says
"Bypass R17..." but a +1 vote asks to "release R17..."; thus if the vote
will be successful we will NOT bypassR17

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 8:12 AM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support.
> We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next.
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer
> to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> So the question is "Do you want to release R17 before releasing R18"?
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] release R17 before releasing R18
> [ -1] do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this
> vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another
> process documented at
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>
> Thank you for your attention

Re: [VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

Hi Jacopo,

Right, the subject is confusing, I invalidate this vote now and start a new clear one

Jacques

Le 24/01/2020 à 09:56, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

> 0
>
> Jacopo
>
> PS: this call to vote is a bit confusing because the title of the vote says
> "Bypass R17..." but a +1 vote asks to "release R17..."; thus if the vote
> will be successful we will NOT bypassR17
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 8:12 AM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support.
>> We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next.
>>
>> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer
>> to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>>
>> So the question is "Do you want to release R17 before releasing R18"?
>>
>> Vote:
>> [ +1] release R17 before releasing R18
>> [ -1] do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
>>
>> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this
>> vote will be only open for a week.
>>
>> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another
>> process documented at
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>>
>> Thank you for your attention
>>
>> Jacques

[INVALIDATED VOTE] (was [VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead)

This officially invalidates the vote because the subject was confusing

> R16 is now an old distribution and has almost reached its end of support. We can soon expect a last release but we need to think about the next.
>
> Some would prefer to release R17 before releasing R18, some would prefer to bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> So the question is "Do you want to release R17 before releasing R18"?
>
> Vote:
> [ +1] release R17 before releasing R18
> [ -1] do not release R17 and directly publish R18 instead.
>
> We had already 3 months to discuss without reaching a consensus, so this vote will be only open for a week.
>
> Note that it's not a formal vote to release R17 or R18, as that is another process documented at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Release+Management+Guide+for+OFBiz
>
> Thank you for your attention

Re: [VOTE] Bypass R17 release and directly publish R18 instead

Sorry Nicolas,

As Jacopo mentioned the subject, and the question in text, were confusing. I invalidated this vote and started a new one called: "[VOTE] Do not
release R17 and directly publish R18 instead."

Please re-vote, thanks

Jacques