Varying GL accounts based upon purchase types

Varying GL accounts based upon purchase types

Dave Tenerowicz
Does anyone have any experience setting up OfBiz accounting so that the
default GL accounts used varies according to the type of Purchase (for
example purchases to replenish stock, vs purchases that are drop shipped?)

For example, if a PO/Purchase Invoice is for goods for stock, use one AP
account and a corresponding cost of goods. However, if the PO/Purchase
Invoice is for product that was drop shipped, then use a different AP
account and a different purchase COG account. And finally, if a
PO/Purchase Invoice is for trans shipped goods, use a different pair of
accounts. (Trans ship means one company organization issues the PO, the
goods are received at a warehouse owned by another internal organization
and then shipped from that warehouse to the end customer)

After an hour of experimentation, I cannot find a way to get the proper
results. Has anyone solved a problem like this before?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

Re: Varying GL accounts based upon purchase types

Jacopo Cappellato
As a first shot I'd say that:

1) you can try to use GL mappings for ProductCategories (and group your
products in different product categories) or
2) we have to generate invoice items for drop shipped products with
special invoiceItemTypes and use the Gl mappings for invoiceItemTypes to
route them to the right accounts

Just my 2 cents

Jacopo

Dave Tenerowicz wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience setting up OfBiz accounting so that the
> default GL accounts used varies according to the type of Purchase (for
> example purchases to replenish stock, vs purchases that are drop shipped?)
>
> For example, if a PO/Purchase Invoice is for goods for stock, use one AP
> account and a corresponding cost of goods. However, if the PO/Purchase
> Invoice is for product that was drop shipped, then use a different AP
> account and a different purchase COG account. And finally, if a
> PO/Purchase Invoice is for trans shipped goods, use a different pair of
> accounts. (Trans ship means one company organization issues the PO, the
> goods are received at a warehouse owned by another internal organization
> and then shipped from that warehouse to the end customer)
>
> After an hour of experimentation, I cannot find a way to get the proper
> results. Has anyone solved a problem like this before?

Re: Varying GL accounts based upon purchase types

Dave Tenerowicz
# 2 is a good suggestion - I'll try that and let the ml know the
results. Option 1 would not work because the same product could be drop
shipped, or shipped from the company warehouse.
-Dave

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> As a first shot I'd say that:
>
> 1) you can try to use GL mappings for ProductCategories (and group
> your products in different product categories) or
> 2) we have to generate invoice items for drop shipped products with
> special invoiceItemTypes and use the Gl mappings for invoiceItemTypes
> to route them to the right accounts
>
> Just my 2 cents
>
> Jacopo
>
> Dave Tenerowicz wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience setting up OfBiz accounting so that
>> the default GL accounts used varies according to the type of Purchase
>> (for example purchases to replenish stock, vs purchases that are drop
>> shipped?)
>>
>> For example, if a PO/Purchase Invoice is for goods for stock, use one
>> AP account and a corresponding cost of goods. However, if the
>> PO/Purchase Invoice is for product that was drop shipped, then use a
>> different AP account and a different purchase COG account. And
>> finally, if a PO/Purchase Invoice is for trans shipped goods, use a
>> different pair of accounts. (Trans ship means one company
>> organization issues the PO, the goods are received at a warehouse
>> owned by another internal organization and then shipped from that
>> warehouse to the end customer)
>>
>> After an hour of experimentation, I cannot find a way to get the
>> proper results. Has anyone solved a problem like this before?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8331

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com
For ERP Information: http://www.salmonllc.com/Jsp/vanity/ERP_CRM.jsp?nav=2&NavBarId=ERP_CRMServices

RE: Varying GL accounts based upon purchase types

Vikrant.Rathore
Dear Dave,

The purchase setup can be done by Product and Associated inventory accounts. So if you have different purchases for different type of products you can define different Accounts.

It should be there in the xml configuration file to setup GL account codes.

Thanks
With best regards,
Vikrant