Visual Theme resources not found?

Vince Clark
Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

Vince Clark
When I try to login to partymgr here is the trace I get:

Expression layoutSettings.companyName is undefined on line 32, column 14 in component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl.
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> ${layoutSettings.companyName} [on line 32, column 12 in component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression layoutSettings.companyName is undefined on line 32, column 14 in component://common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl.
at freemarker.core.TemplateObject.assertNonNull(TemplateObject.java:124)
at freemarker.core.Expression.getStringValue(Expression.java:118)
at freemarker.core.Expression.getStringValue(Expression.java:93)
at freemarker.core.DollarVariable.accept(DollarVariable.java:76)

Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

Adrian Crum
ant clean-all then ant run-install

-Adrian

Vince M. Clark wrote:
> Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

David E Jones-3

Is that in seed data?

If seed data is maintained correctly it should always be safe, and a
good idea whenever updating code, to also update the seed data with an
"ant run-install-seed".

-David

On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> ant clean-all then ant run-install
>
> -Adrian

>> Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

Vince Clark
Not sure if related, but there is an error in the header.ftl file. I copied the following from Eclipse:

Error on line 26, column 35, in template header.ftl
Found substring, expecting one of: is_collection, keys, interpret, is_macro, matches, sort, html, time, index_of, values, right_pad, xml, date, web_safe, eval, is_transform, string, node_namespace, float, size, cap_first, number, namespace, seq_last_index_of, j_string, seq_index_of, first, default, new, split, sort_by, upper_case, is_number, last_index_of, long, last, is_directive, starts_with, capitalize, datetime, is_boolean, short, is_hash_ex, ends_with, is_enumerable, is_date, byte, trim, is_node, exists, chop_linebreak, double, is_indexable, is_string, ancestors, url, replace, uncap_first, is_hash, seq_contains, is_sequence, contains, left_pad, if_exists, length, has_content, int, is_method, rtf, reverse, groups, lower_case, node_type, js_string, word_list, root, parent, children, node_name ofbiz/framework/common/webcommon/includes header.ftl line 26 1229444656901 87533

If seed data is maintained correctly it should always be safe, and a
good idea whenever updating code, to also update the seed data with an
"ant run-install-seed".

-David

On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:

> ant clean-all then ant run-install
>
> -Adrian

>> Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

Adrian Crum
The user preferences data structure was changed a while ago - which
requires rebuilding the entities.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

> Is that in seed data?
>
> If seed data is maintained correctly it should always be safe, and a
> good idea whenever updating code, to also update the seed data with an
> "ant run-install-seed".
>
> -David
>

> On Dec 16, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Adrian Crum wrote:
>
>> ant clean-all then ant run-install
>>
>> -Adrian
>>
>> Vince M. Clark wrote:
>>> Just updated from trunk and got this error. Please advise.

Re: Visual Theme resources not found?

Ray-91
Saw some of this on Monday!

If you have updated from an SVN revision after R712366 then the ant
install seed wont work unless you manually fix the DB first.

See the last comment here : http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/XxQ

Effectively the seed data for the new Visual Themes is in the same file
CommonTypeData.xml as some UserPrefGroupType entries and because of the
change in R712366 that file won't load until you fix the DB to remove
old PK constraints, a vicious circle!

Trust me the ftl files are OK just fix your DB and get the seed loaded.

Ray

PS: We could at least make this easier for people upgrading if we split
the xml file?

Vince M. Clark wrote:

> Not sure if related, but there is an error in the header.ftl file. I copied the following from Eclipse:
>
> Error on line 26, column 35, in template header.ftl
> Found substring, expecting one of: is_collection, keys, interpret, is_macro, matches, sort, html, time, index_of, values, right_pad, xml, date, web_safe, eval, is_transform, string, node_namespace, float, size, cap_first, number, namespace, seq_last_index_of, j_string, seq_index_of, first, default, new, split, sort_by, upper_case, is_number, last_index_of, long, last, is_directive, starts_with, capitalize, datetime, is_boolean, short, is_hash_ex, ends_with, is_enumerable, is_date, byte, trim, is_node, exists, chop_linebreak, double, is_indexable, is_string, ancestors, url, replace, uncap_first, is_hash, seq_contains, is_sequence, contains, left_pad, if_exists, length, has_content, int, is_method, rtf, reverse, groups, lower_case, node_type, js_string, word_list, root, parent, children, node_name ofbiz/framework/common/webcommon/includes header.ftl line 26 1229444656901 87533

Thanks Ray.