Visual Themes how tos

Bruno Busco
Hi,
I have added some informations on how to install and create a Visual
Theme for OFBiz here
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+Gallery and
here:http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to

Please fill free to change as you like.

-Bruno

Re: Visual Themes how tos

guo weizhan
That's cool, thank you!

2008/12/31 Bruno Busco <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
> I have added some informations on how to install and create a Visual
> Theme for OFBiz here
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+Gallery and
> here:http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
>
> Please fill free to change as you like.
>
> -Bruno

Re: Visual Themes how tos

Michael Pätzold
Hi Bruno,

we had a look at the given example vt_chrome.zip and gave a try on using and extending it. We recognized 2 faults:

1. ofbiz-component.xml: It seems to be better to use name="vt_chrome" instead of name="vt_varieg"

2. As you provided header.ftl/footer.ftl, we think you also tried to show this within your example. Therefore it would be required to change
VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC association to component://vt_chrome/includes/header.ftl and
VT_FTR_TMPLT_LOC association to component://vt_chrome/includes/footer.ftl

Best regards,
Michael

Re: Visual Themes how tos

Bruno Busco
Hi Michael,
many thanks for reporting this.
You are certainly right. these are bugs.

I will update the theme as suggested.

-Bruno

2009/1/13 Michael Pätzold <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Bruno,
>
> we had a look at the given example vt_chrome.zip and gave a try on using and
> extending it. We recognized 2 faults:
>
> 1. ofbiz-component.xml: It seems to be better to use name="vt_chrome"
> instead of name="vt_varieg"
>
> 2. As you provided header.ftl/footer.ftl, we think you also tried to show
> this within your example. Therefore it would be required to change
> VT_HDR_TMPLT_LOC association to component://vt_chrome/includes/header.ftl
> and
> VT_FTR_TMPLT_LOC association to component://vt_chrome/includes/footer.ftl
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

Re: Visual Themes how tos

Bruno Busco
Michael,
please find an updated version of the Chrome theme in the Visual Theme Gallery.

-Bruno