WG: seed data database field name mapping

WG: seed data database field name mapping

Robert-165

Dear,

we are about to import some data in ofbiz regularly from other resources.
(Product/Catalog/Party)

But these xml-files do not match the ofbiz-entity field names. Is there any
chance to import this external data using the existing reader ?
So, is there any way to implement logical mapping for external vs. ofbiz
data structure  without extending the reader?

Thanks
Robert

Re: WG: seed data database field name mapping

David E Jones

There are various ways to address this. One is to use an external
tool to map your XML structure to OFBiz entity structures, like XSLT.
Another option is to create a FTL file that does the mapping and then
point to that file in the entity XML file and the import tool will
run the transformation.

-David

On Mar 3, 2007, at 2:38 AM, Robert wrote:

> Dear,
>
> we are about to import some data in ofbiz regularly from other
> resources.
> (Product/Catalog/Party)
>
> But these xml-files do not match the ofbiz-entity field names. Is
> there any
> chance to import this external data using the existing reader ?
> So, is there any way to implement logical mapping for external vs.
> ofbiz
> data structure  without extending the reader?
>
> Thanks
> Robert

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment