deploy/undeploy component

Jean-Sébastien HEDERER
Hi,

I didn't find how to deploy/undeploy Ofbiz component while Ofbiz runs. A
link on how to do it?

JS

Re: deploy/undeploy component

Hi Jean-Sébastien,

Im' not sure it's possible, depends on your module, if it has services in it OFBiz must be "rebooted", also if you use java.

Jacques

> I didn't find how to deploy/undeploy Ofbiz component while Ofbiz runs. A
> link on how to do it?
>
> JS

Re: deploy/undeploy component

Jean-Sébastien HEDERER
Don't use Java for the moment. Only xml, config and properties files

"Jacques Le Roux" a écrit le 28/11/2006 23:56 :

> Hi Jean-Sébastien,
>
> Im' not sure it's possible, depends on your module, if it has services in it OFBiz must be "rebooted", also if you use java.
>
> Jacques

Do you have to load service(s) from the module. In such a case yo must restart OFBiz. Else (BSH/FTL couple + screens/forms +
controller) it might be OK.

May a core developper confirms, please ?

Jacques

> Don't use Java for the moment. Only xml, config and properties files
>
> "Jacques Le Roux" a écrit le 28/11/2006 23:56 :
> > Hi Jean-Sébastien,
> >
> > Im' not sure it's possible, depends on your module, if it has services in it OFBiz must be "rebooted", also if you use java.
> >
> > Jacques

David E Jones-2

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Do you have to load service(s) from the module. In such a case yo
> must restart OFBiz. Else (BSH/FTL couple + screens/forms +
> controller) it might be OK.
>
> May a core developper confirms, please ?

Right now to reload service definitions reliably you need to restart
OFBiz. It actually should be possible to do this on the fly, but it
is a bit tricky and hasn't become a priority yet.

Re: deploy/undeploy component

oceatoon
we have tried doing a real hot deploy environment, to not have to reboot
ofbiz after compile
but didn't manage to get services reloaded. we managed to have jars and
classes replaced but I'd really be interested in seeing how to have the
service reload.
cheers
Tibor

On 11/29/06, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Do you have to load service(s) from the module. In such a case yo
> > must restart OFBiz. Else (BSH/FTL couple + screens/forms +
> > controller) it might be OK.
> >
> > May a core developper confirms, please ?
>
> Right now to reload service definitions reliably you need to restart
> OFBiz. It actually should be possible to do this on the fly, but it
> is a bit tricky and hasn't become a priority yet.

Re: deploy/undeploy component

Adrian Crum
I'm not a core developer, but I've seen this subject come up regularly on the
mailing lists. Bottom line is - there is no way to do this currently. The work
required to make it happen is extensive. To get an idea, search the dev mailing
list for "Backup and Upgrade automation" and "OFBiz Boot Refactor."

David E Jones wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:11 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Do you have to load service(s) from the module. In such a case yo
>> must restart OFBiz. Else (BSH/FTL couple + screens/forms +
>> controller) it might be OK.
>>
>> May a core developper confirms, please ?
>

> Right now to reload service definitions reliably you need to restart
> OFBiz. It actually should be possible to do this on the fly, but it  is
> a bit tricky and hasn't become a priority yet.

Re: deploy/undeploy component

Jean-Sébastien HEDERER
Perhaps should OFBiz use a J2EE container instead of a web applications
container to be able to do this. Does someone have tried to deploy OFBiz
on JBoss, Geronimo, Websphere, Weblogic, Jonas or an other?