find all products in the catalog admin

rhodebump

In the catalog admin, is there anyway to do a blind search and obtain a list of all products in the system?

I am not seeing it, and I am having to remember every product id, or assign it to a category.

Thanks.

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Walter Vaughan
Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> In the catalog admin, is there anyway to do a blind search and obtain a list of all products in the system?
>
> I am not seeing it, and I am having to remember every product id, or assign it to a category.

WebTools is a better tool for that perhaps
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/EntitySQLProcessor

     select * from Product

Or if you are looking for items not in a category
     select * from Product where primary_product_category_id is null;

Walter

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

David E Jones

On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> Phillip Rhodes wrote:
>
>> In the catalog admin, is there anyway to do a blind search and
>> obtain a list of all products in the system?
>> I am not seeing it, and I am having to remember every product id,
>> or assign it to a category.
> WebTools is a better tool for that perhaps
> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/EntitySQLProcessor
>
>     select * from Product
>
> Or if you are looking for items not in a category
>     select * from Product where primary_product_category_id is null;
Or just go to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
box...

RE: find all products in the catalog admin

SkipDever
Gads, thats way too simple!

On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> Phillip Rhodes wrote:
>
>> In the catalog admin, is there anyway to do a blind search and
>> obtain a list of all products in the system?
>> I am not seeing it, and I am having to remember every product id,
>> or assign it to a category.
> WebTools is a better tool for that perhaps
> https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/EntitySQLProcessor
>
>     select * from Product
>
> Or if you are looking for items not in a category
>     select * from Product where primary_product_category_id is null;

Or just go to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
box...

postgres on another computer subnet

wikitec
Hi Fellas
Could I place the postgres on another subnet to ofbiz
i.e.
node-1 ofbiz 192.168.2.*
node-2 postgres 192.189.50.*

Thanks in advance

Re: postgres on another computer subnet

BJ Freeman
as long as you have a route to it yes.
if 192.168.2.* can access 192.189.50.*
infact you can have the server access thru a VPN across the world.

Philip Laing sent the following on 10/23/2007 9:03 PM:

> Hi Fellas
> Could I place the postgres on another subnet to ofbiz
> i.e.
> node-1 ofbiz 192.168.2.*
> node-2 postgres 192.189.50.*
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: postgres on another computer subnet

also note that 192.189.50.* is not a private network.
so the lookup will try to go thru the router.
if you block these IP from accessing the internet then you will not be
able to access any IP on th internet in this subnet

Philip Laing sent the following on 10/23/2007 9:03 PM:

> Hi Fellas
> Could I place the postgres on another subnet to ofbiz
> i.e.
> node-1 ofbiz 192.168.2.*
> node-2 postgres 192.189.50.*
>
> Thanks in advance

RE: postgres on another computer subnet

wikitec

Oops typo

Should be
node-1 ofbiz 192.168.2.*
node-2 postgres 192.168.50.*

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> Or just go to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
> box...

I just tried (did not know it was possible) but it does not seem to work. Am I missing something ?

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Christian Geisert
Phillip Rhodes schrieb:
> In the catalog admin, is there anyway to do a blind search and obtain a list of all products in the system?
>
> I am not seeing it, and I am having to remember every product id, or assign it to a category.

You can use the Lookup at the -Product Jump field in the Search Products box

Christian

On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:47 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>> Or just go to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
>> box...
>
> I just tried (did not know it was possible) but it does not seem to
> work. Am I missing something ?

Could you be more specific? In other words:

1. what did you do
2. what did you expect to happen
3. what actually happened

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

David E Jones

I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.

The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
that it works fine.

For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
default that someone changed or something...

-David

On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:44 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:47 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>>> Or just go to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
>>> box...
>>
>> I just tried (did not know it was possible) but it does not seem
>> to work. Am I missing something ?
>
> Could you be more specific? In other words:
>
> 1. what did you do
> 2. what did you expect to happen
> 3. what actually happened

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Thanks David,

Else, here was my answer :o)

1. Just went to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search box...
2. Find all products in the catalog admin
3. There were no results.

Jacques

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
>
> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
> that it works fine.
>
> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
> default that someone changed or something...
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:44 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>

> > On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:47 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> >
> >> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> I just tried (did not know it was possible) but it does not seem
> >> to work. Am I missing something ?
> >
> > Could you be more specific? In other words:
> >
> > 1. what did you do
> > 2. what did you expect to happen
> > 3. what actually happened
> >
> > -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

David E Jones

Okay, interesting. When I think of detail I think of stuff that makes
it difficult for people to misunderstand, and to know which of many
ways of doing things is the way you chose, like:

1. I went to the "main" page in the Catalog Manager and in the
"Search Products" box on the top-left I entered "*" into the
"Keywords:" box, then clicked on the "Find" link
2. I expected to see a search results page with all products in it
3. I saw a search results page with the text "No results found."

Not that it was totally necessary in this case as my first guess
exposed the problem, it was a big and obvious problem, for more
subtle ones details like this are fairly critical.

I hope I'm not being a jerk about this, but I find myself "coaching"
people on this sort of thing on a regular basis, and sometimes
examples help.

-David

On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Thanks David,
>
> Else, here was my answer :o)
>
> 1. Just went to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword
> search box...
> 2. Find all products in the catalog admin
> 3. There were no results.
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>

>> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
>>
>> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
>> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
>> that it works fine.
>>
>> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
>> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
>> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
>> default that someone changed or something...
>>
>> -David

>>> Could you be more specific? In other words:
>>>
>>> 1. what did you do
>>> 2. what did you expect to happen
>>> 3. what actually happened
>>>
>>> -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

jonwimp
Well, I think you're being a "jerk" (firm?) about this. But jerks get the job done.

I've been accused way too many times of being too soft. If I were married, my wife would complain
that I'm always "fooling around" being Mr. Fun Guy.

About finding yourself "coaching" people too often, maybe try to write a book? :) Or just accept
the fact that I can never be as smart as you are. :P You do have to "work with what you got", with
a variety of people, in such a community project.

Relax. :)

Jonathon

David E Jones wrote:

> Okay, interesting. When I think of detail I think of stuff that makes it
> difficult for people to misunderstand, and to know which of many ways of
> doing things is the way you chose, like:
>
> 1. I went to the "main" page in the Catalog Manager and in the "Search
> Products" box on the top-left I entered "*" into the "Keywords:" box,
> then clicked on the "Find" link
> 2. I expected to see a search results page with all products in it
> 3. I saw a search results page with the text "No results found."
>
> Not that it was totally necessary in this case as my first guess exposed
> the problem, it was a big and obvious problem, for more subtle ones
> details like this are fairly critical.
>
> I hope I'm not being a jerk about this, but I find myself "coaching"
> people on this sort of thing on a regular basis, and sometimes examples
> help.
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Thanks David,
>>
>> Else, here was my answer :o)
>>
>> 1. Just went to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword search
>> box...
>> 2. Find all products in the catalog admin
>> 3. There were no results.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>>

>>> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
>>>
>>> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
>>> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
>>> that it works fine.
>>>
>>> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
>>> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
>>> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
>>> default that someone changed or something...
>>>
>>> -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Scott Gray
That's weird I'm sure I remember fixing a bug a couple of months ago where
products were not being indexed automatically,  I'll have a look in a few
hours.

Scott

On 25/10/2007, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
>
> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
> that it works fine.
>
> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
> default that someone changed or something...
>
> -David
>

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:44 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>

> > On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:47 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> >
> >> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> I just tried (did not know it was possible) but it does not seem
> >> to work. Am I missing something ?
> >
> > Could you be more specific? In other words:
> >
> > 1. what did you do
> > 2. what did you expect to happen
> > 3. what actually happened
> >
> > -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Scott Gray
I just tried a fresh install and I didn't see any mention of ecas being
fired in the logs during the data load, anybody know of any data off hand
created by ecas that I could check to see if their actually being triggered
(besides product keywords :-) )?

Thanks
Scott

On 25/10/2007, Scott Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's weird I'm sure I remember fixing a bug a couple of months ago where
> products were not being indexed automatically,  I'll have a look in a few
> hours.
>
> Scott
>
> On 25/10/2007, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
> >
> > The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
> > to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
> > that it works fine.
> >
> > For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
> > changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
> > don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
> > default that someone changed or something...
> >
> > -David

> > > Could you be more specific? In other words:
> > >
> > > 1. what did you do
> > > 2. what did you expect to happen
> > > 3. what actually happened
> > >
> > > -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

David E Jones

You could try placing an order and see if there are
InventoryItemDetail records. Those are created through an EECA.

-David

On Oct 25, 2007, at 1:06 AM, Scott Gray wrote:

> I just tried a fresh install and I didn't see any mention of ecas
> being
> fired in the logs during the data load, anybody know of any data
> off hand
> created by ecas that I could check to see if their actually being
> triggered
> (besides product keywords :-) )?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>
> On 25/10/2007, Scott Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> That's weird I'm sure I remember fixing a bug a couple of months
>> ago where
>> products were not being indexed automatically,  I'll have a look
>> in a few
>> hours.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> On 25/10/2007, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
>>>
>>> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
>>> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
>>> that it works fine.
>>>
>>> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
>>> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the
>>> "bug"... I
>>> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
>>> default that someone changed or something...
>>>
>>> -David

Re: find all products in the catalog admin

Scott Gray
Thanks David, it worked though so I'll keep digging.

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> Okay, interesting. When I think of detail I think of stuff that makes
> it difficult for people to misunderstand, and to know which of many
> ways of doing things is the way you chose, like:
>
> 1. I went to the "main" page in the Catalog Manager and in the
> "Search Products" box on the top-left I entered "*" into the
> "Keywords:" box, then clicked on the "Find" link
> 2. I expected to see a search results page with all products in it
> 3. I saw a search results page with the text "No results found."
>
> Not that it was totally necessary in this case as my first guess
> exposed the problem, it was a big and obvious problem, for more
> subtle ones details like this are fairly critical.
>
> I hope I'm not being a jerk about this, but I find myself "coaching"
> people on this sort of thing on a regular basis, and sometimes
> examples help.

No problem, it was just a joke (reusing sentences used in existing mails in the thread) on my side since you had already discovered
the origin of the problem and answered me. However, now I better understand your POV.

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > Thanks David,
> >
> > Else, here was my answer :o)
> >
> > 1. Just went to the catalog manager and put "*" in the keyword
> > search box...
> > 2. Find all products in the catalog admin
> > 3. There were no results.
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >

> >> I tried it real quick on the demo server, and there were no results.
> >>
> >> The problem was that there were no keywords indexed. There is a link
> >> to do that on the main page of the catalog manager, and after doing
> >> that it works fine.
> >>
> >> For some reason these are not indexing automatically... someone
> >> changed something somewhere in the indexing, so that's the "bug"... I
> >> don't see the EECA commented out, so it's somewhere else, probably a
> >> default that someone changed or something...
> >>
> >> -David

12