i18n

I notice that we have currently a problem with duplicated labels in different applications.

Take
    <value xml:lang="en">Estimated Start Date</value>
for instance

It was certainly present in
    ManufacturingUiLabels.xml
before any other files. But it's now also present in
    WorkEffortUiLabels.xml
    ProjectMgrUiLabels.xml

Bruno has proposed a python script to deal with that (and other issues) in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698 but
there is currently some problems with it. I think it's possible to amend and will try it. I don't know anything about python, but it
does not look like a challenge.

Anyway, the point of this mail is to try to make aware developers about this kind of issues. But, as I know well it's a lot of
tedious work to identify duplicate labels, I guess the best would be ro run, from time to time, Bruno's script as soon as it will be
safe.

BTW I think I will close OFBIZ-1698 (see my last comment) and open a new one for duplicate labels only, if there are any concerns
about closing of course.

Any other ideas ?

Jacques
PS : Though as Java is the primary language used in OFBiz we could convert the script to a Java service which could be run async, or
at will. Then we could have more manpower around this issue, WDYT ?

Re: i18n

Bruno Busco
I spent some time trying to fix it but did not succeded, sorry.
Could we think to a WebTool that loads all UiLabels file and helps to see
where language is missing and where duplications are?
-Bruno

2008/9/10 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>

> I notice that we have currently a problem with duplicated labels in
> different applications.
>
> Take
>   <value xml:lang="en">Estimated Start Date</value>
> for instance
>
> It was certainly present in
>   ManufacturingUiLabels.xml
> before any other files. But it's now also present in
>   WorkEffortUiLabels.xml
>   ProjectMgrUiLabels.xml
>
> Bruno has proposed a python script to deal with that (and other issues) in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698 but there is currently
> some problems with it. I think it's possible to amend and will try it. I
> don't know anything about python, but it does not look like a challenge.
>
> Anyway, the point of this mail is to try to make aware developers about
> this kind of issues. But, as I know well it's a lot of tedious work to
> identify duplicate labels, I guess the best would be ro run, from time to
> time, Bruno's script as soon as it will be safe.
>
> BTW I think I will close OFBIZ-1698 (see my last comment) and open a new
> one for duplicate labels only, if there are any concerns about closing of
> course.
>
> Any other ideas ?
>
> Jacques
> PS : Though as Java is the primary language used in OFBiz we could convert
> the script to a Java service which could be run async, or at will. Then we
> could have more manpower around this issue, WDYT ?

Re: i18n

I will think about it, but it's not a priority for now.
I even thought about an APL script - good for this kind of stuff - but it would be definitively too cryptic to maintain.
Maybe I will try a mock in APL and will write a Java program thereafter. This time it looks like a challenge as you did not succeed
in Python ;o)

>I spent some time trying to fix it but did not succeded, sorry.
> Could we think to a WebTool that loads all UiLabels file and helps to see
> where language is missing and where duplications are?
> -Bruno
>
> 2008/9/10 Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
>
>> I notice that we have currently a problem with duplicated labels in
>> different applications.
>>
>> Take
>>   <value xml:lang="en">Estimated Start Date</value>
>> for instance
>>
>> It was certainly present in
>>   ManufacturingUiLabels.xml
>> before any other files. But it's now also present in
>>   WorkEffortUiLabels.xml
>>   ProjectMgrUiLabels.xml
>>
>> Bruno has proposed a python script to deal with that (and other issues) in
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1698 but there is currently
>> some problems with it. I think it's possible to amend and will try it. I
>> don't know anything about python, but it does not look like a challenge.
>>
>> Anyway, the point of this mail is to try to make aware developers about
>> this kind of issues. But, as I know well it's a lot of tedious work to
>> identify duplicate labels, I guess the best would be ro run, from time to
>> time, Bruno's script as soon as it will be safe.
>>
>> BTW I think I will close OFBIZ-1698 (see my last comment) and open a new
>> one for duplicate labels only, if there are any concerns about closing of
>> course.
>>
>> Any other ideas ?
>>
>> Jacques
>> PS : Though as Java is the primary language used in OFBiz we could convert
>> the script to a Java service which could be run async, or at will. Then we
>> could have more manpower around this issue, WDYT ?

Re: i18n

Bruno Busco
I hope you will beat me soon !! ;-)
-Bruno