ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

Deepak Dixit-3
Hi Dev,

ofbiz.apache.org  site fails to compile with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/
,
AS per the result it fails in following criteria:
-  Foundation <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/foundation>
-  Security <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/security>

You can check summary at following url
https://whimsy.apache.org/site/project/ofbiz

It might be related to site or some issue at whimsy.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

Re: ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

Jacopo Cappellato-5
Thank you Deepak.

I have noticed that your last commit has already fixed the first issue
(Foundation).
For the one related to the Security page, the best way to go is in my
opinion to move the current content to a new security.html page.

Jacopo

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Deepak Dixit <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dev,
>
> ofbiz.apache.org  site fails to compile with https://whimsy.apache.org/
> site/
> ,
> AS per the result it fails in following criteria:
> -  Foundation <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/foundation>
> -  Security <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/security>
>
> You can check summary at following url
> https://whimsy.apache.org/site/project/ofbiz
>
> It might be related to site or some issue at whimsy.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Deepak Dixit
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co

Re: ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

Hi Deepak, All,

I checked last week and we had only an "issue" with security (not really red but orange)
We already spoke about it but did not do exactly the "right" thing
     https://markmail.org/message/2mt6xgvgh7dwaeay
     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9663.
We actually kept the previous way we did. Note that we have a link to the ASF security page (https://www.apache.org/security/) from the download page
where the https://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html#security link in footer get to.
I believe information to our users is more important than a link to the ASF security page and we have our own security team.
What we could do is to change the anchor name in the download page to #vulnerabilities, use it in footer, and then I guess whimsy will rather detect
the link to the ASF security page in our download page.

Foundation is new, Rich Bowen has added it as "mandatory" few days ago after an ASF members discussion about TLPs promoting ASF (some eminent members
disagreed and mentioned that it can't be mandatory, we are not a corporation)
Anyway I agree we can fix it by following http://apache.org/events/README.txt

Jacques

Le 10/04/2018 à 08:16, Deepak Dixit a écrit :

> Hi Dev,
>
> ofbiz.apache.org  site fails to compile with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/
> ,
> AS per the result it fails in following criteria:
> -  Foundation <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/foundation>
> -  Security <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/security>
>
> You can check summary at following url
> https://whimsy.apache.org/site/project/ofbiz
>
> It might be related to site or some issue at whimsy.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Deepak Dixit
> www.hotwaxsystems.com
> www.hotwax.co

Re: ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

Hi Jacopo,

We crossed on wire. I agree about a new security.html page with a link from download, a bit  more work than my proposition but cleaner

Jacques

Le 10/04/2018 à 09:14, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :

> Thank you Deepak.
>
> I have noticed that your last commit has already fixed the first issue
> (Foundation).
> For the one related to the Security page, the best way to go is in my
> opinion to move the current content to a new security.html page.
>

> Jacopo
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 8:16 AM, Deepak Dixit <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dev,
>>
>> ofbiz.apache.org  site fails to compile with https://whimsy.apache.org/
>> site/
>> ,
>> AS per the result it fails in following criteria:
>> -  Foundation <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/foundation>
>> -  Security <https://whimsy.apache.org/site/check/security>
>>
>> You can check summary at following url
>> https://whimsy.apache.org/site/project/ofbiz
>>
>> It might be related to site or some issue at whimsy.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> --
>> Deepak Dixit
>> www.hotwaxsystems.com
>> www.hotwax.co

Re: ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

> Foundation is new, Rich Bowen has added it as "mandatory" few days ago after an ASF members discussion about TLPs promoting ASF (some eminent
> members disagreed and mentioned that it can't be mandatory, we are not a corporation)
> Anyway I agree we can fix it by following http://apache.org/events/README.txt
Thanks Deepak to fix it :)

Re: ofbiz.apache.org to comply with https://whimsy.apache.org/site/

> Foundation is new, Rich Bowen has added it as "mandatory" few days ago after an ASF members discussion about TLPs promoting ASF (some eminent
> members disagreed and mentioned that it can't be mandatory, we are not a corporation)
> Anyway I agree we can fix it by following http://apache.org/events/README.txt
Just for sanity, I confused with http://events.apache.org/ which has just been resurrected, confusing isn'it? :)

For those interested
     https://s.apache.org/x8wX