order-by DESC in entity operation in screen?

order-by DESC in entity operation in screen?

Peter Felts
Hi, does anyone know how to do an order-by DESC in an entity-and operation in a screen? I've got a view-entity which is pulling up orders and I want to view them to the user in descending order, but the order-by node only seems to result in and order-by ASC operation.

Please help.

Re: order-by DESC in entity operation in screen?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Peter,

you can easily do this:

<order-by field-name="-orderDate"/>

Jacopo

Peter Felts wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know how to do an order-by DESC in an entity-and operation in a screen? I've got a view-entity which is pulling up orders and I want to view them to the user in descending order, but the order-by node only seems to result in and order-by ASC operation.
>
> Please help.

Re: order-by DESC in entity operation in screen?

Peter Felts
That's it. Thank you.

> Hi, does anyone know how to do an order-by DESC in an entity-and operation in a screen? I've got a view-entity which is pulling up orders and I want to view them to the user in descending order, but the order-by node only seems to result in and order-by ASC operation.
>
> Please help.

Re: order-by DESC in entity operation in screen?

Peter Felts
Is the minus operator an OFBiz thing or an XML thing?

Peter Felts wrote:
> Is the minus operator an OFBiz thing or an XML thing?

An OFBiz thing.

Jacopo

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Peter Felts wrote:
>> Is the minus operator an OFBiz thing or an XML thing?
>
> An OFBiz thing.

"-" is converted by the OFBiz framework in the SQL equivalent clause "DESC"

> Jacopo

Do you know of any other operators like that? I haven't seen anything like this in the entity engine guide...