passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
for those more knowledgeable:
I am looking to implement a basic WISWYG for widgets, so I can design
widgets without setup up all the rest of the code.
I want to pass a view string into the URL and have it show.
content\control\render?widget='<view-map name="composeEmail"
type="screen"
page="component://content/widget/content/communications/communicationsScreens.xml#composeEmail"/>'

I should be able to pass this into a event that makes it part of a
context and calls the rendering for it?

any thoughts

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
are you wanting to modify the view response or the widget?  If it's the view response, you need to pass/handle a webapp parameter and a name parameter.  If it's the widget, you will need to pass/ handle a resource-location parameter and a screen-name parameter.  Also, lookout for characters to be escaped/encoded properly.

Re: passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
so your saying the URL example I show may not work?
I figured to pass it into a event and have it parsed then sent on as a
view like the controller does.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:24 AM:

> are you wanting to modify the view response or the widget?  If it's the view response, you need to pass/handle a webapp parameter and a name parameter.  If it's the widget, you will need to pass/ handle a resource-location parameter and a screen-name parameter.  Also, lookout for characters to be escaped/encoded properly.

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
Can you give a more specific example of what you're wanting to happen?

so your saying the URL example I show may not work?
I figured to pass it into a event and have it parsed then sent on as a
view like the controller does.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:24 AM:
> are you wanting to modify the view response or the widget?  If it's
 the view response, you need to pass/handle a webapp parameter and a name
 parameter.  If it's the widget, you will need to pass/ handle a
 resource-location parameter and a screen-name parameter.  Also, lookout for
 characters to be escaped/encoded properly.

Re: passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
I paste the Url example
ofbiz renders the widget so I can see it.
more as a visual aid to see what I coded.
may be a tree, menu, or screen widget.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:35 AM:

> Can you give a more specific example of what you're wanting to happen?

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
How is what you're wanting to do different than simply making the normal request to the correct webapp?

ofbiz renders the widget so I can see it.
more as a visual aid to see what I coded.
may be a tree, menu, or screen widget.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:35 AM:
> Can you give a more specific example of what you're wanting to
 happen?

Re: passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
I don't have to edit a controller and put it is the system till I am done.
so basically you saying it is not a valid Idea.
thanks.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:47 AM:

> How is what you're wanting to do different than simply making the normal request to the correct webapp?

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
Slow down there cowboy.  There's no intonation in my questioning, just trying to get information so I can offer help.

you will want to pass the following url in your browser: http://localhost:8080/content/control/myWYSIWYGUri?screenName=myScreenName&screenLocation=myScreenLocation

i'm not sure how you will need to escape all of the "/" and ":' in myScreenLocation but this should get you on your way

you will want to create the following request, view and screen and
<request-map uri="myWYSIWYGUri">
  <response name="success" type="view" value="myWYSIWYGview"
</request>
<view-map name="myWYSIWYGview" type="screen" page="component://content/widget/myScreen.xml#myWYSIWYGviewRenderer"/>

component://content/widget/myScreen.xml:

<screen name="myWYSIWYGviewRenderer">
  <section>
     <widget>
         <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}" location="${parameters.location}"/>
     </widget>
  </section>
</screen>

I don't have to edit a controller and put it is the system till I am
 done.
so basically you saying it is not a valid Idea.
thanks.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:47 AM:
> How is what you're wanting to do different than simply making the
 normal request to the correct webapp?

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
woops...
         <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
 location="${parameters.location}"/>
should be
         <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
 location="${parameters.myScreenLocation}"/>

I don't have to edit a controller and put it is the system till I am
 done.
so basically you saying it is not a valid Idea.
thanks.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 11:47 AM:
> How is what you're wanting to do different than simply making the
 normal request to the correct webapp?

Re: passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
I want to pass the view string that would normally be in a controller
like  <view-map name="composeEmail" type="screen"
page="component://content/widget/content/communications/communicationsScreens.xml#composeEmail"/>

then content\control\render?widget=
would then have a
        <request-map uri="render">
                <event type="java" >myviewwidget</event>
                <response name="sucess" type="none" />
</request-map>

this event would read the
parm.get("widget") would retrieve
<view-map name="composeEmail" type="screen"
page="component://content/widget/content/communications/communicationsScreens.xml#composeEmail"/>
and send it to be rendered so I can see it on the webpage.

note this is not something for distribution since it opens a major
security whole.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 1:07 PM:

> woops...
>          <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
>  location="${parameters.location}"/>
> should be
>          <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
>  location="${parameters.myScreenLocation}"/>

Re: passing a view as an URL

cjhowe
What I suggested does the exact same thing.  There's no need to create a java method to handle this.

I want to pass the view string that would normally be in a controller
like  <view-map name="composeEmail" type="screen"
page="component://content/widget/content/communications/communicationsScreens.xml#composeEmail"/>

then content\control\render?widget=
would then have a
    <request-map uri="render">
        <event type="java" >myviewwidget</event>
        <response name="sucess" type="none" />
</request-map>

this event would read the
parm.get("widget") would retrieve
<view-map name="composeEmail" type="screen"
page="component://content/widget/content/communications/communicationsScreens.xml#composeEmail"/>
and send it to be rendered so I can see it on the webpage.

note this is not something for distribution since it opens a major
security whole.

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 1:07 PM:

> woops...
>          <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
>  location="${parameters.location}"/>
> should be
>          <include-screen name="${parameters.screenName}"
>  location="${parameters.myScreenLocation}"/>

Re: passing a view as an URL

BJ Freeman
thanks

Chris Howe sent the following on 12/24/2007 2:19 PM: