problem with category/product pages after login

problem with category/product pages after login

Bharat Soni-3
Hello all,
I am facing a problem , when i am on product or category detail page and
then if i login , ideally the same page should get displayed after login
but here it shows a message :  'Product not found for Product ID !' ,
and 'Category not found for Category ID !'.
Please let me know if you are also facing the same problem , and what
should be the solution for this.

Thanks in Advance
- -
Bharat

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

Deepesh Kapoor
Hello Bharat,

Even i am facing this problem , when the product is added to cart from
product detail page the application shows proper behavior but  when  on
product detail page and  the  item  is  not added  and login  is
clicked  the  behavior changes.

Thanks
- -
Deepesh

bharat wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am facing a problem , when i am on product or category detail page
> and then if i login , ideally the same page should get displayed after
> login but here it shows a message :  'Product not found for Product ID
> !' ,  and 'Category not found for Category ID !'.
> Please let me know if you are also facing the same problem , and what
> should be the solution for this.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> - -
> Bharat

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

Pranay Pandey-2
Yes, thats the limitation Bharat, for this You can refer to following lines which has been commented by Jacques and the comments over the commented code:

/applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/actions/entry/catalog/Category.groovy from line no. 37 to 51. and also look in to Main.groovy, Product.groovy for more comments.

This has to be implemented.

PS : Jacques Please provide your suggestions on this.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey

On Jan 31, 2009, at 10:15 AM, bharat wrote:

Hello all,
I am facing a problem , when i am on product or category detail page and then if i login , ideally the same page should get displayed after login but here it shows a message :  'Product not found for Product ID !' ,  and 'Category not found for Category ID !'.
Please let me know if you are also facing the same problem , and what should be the solution for this.

Thanks in Advance
- -
Bharat

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

Vivek Mishra-2
Hello All,

Even I am having one more problem in demo server. After login it changes
the language.

Kind Regards,
--
Vivek Mishra

--
Thanks & Regards
--

Office : +917314093684
Direct : +919907292552

http://ofbiz.apache.org
I am "Open For Business"

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

Pranay Pandey-2
Deepesh, Bharat please see my earlier reply to Bharat's mail.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey

On Jan 31, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Vivek Mishra wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Even I am having one more problem in demo server. After login it
> changes the language.
>
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Vivek Mishra
>
> Deepesh Kapoor wrote:
>> Hello Bharat,
>>
>> Even i am facing this problem , when the product is added to cart
>> from product detail page the application shows proper behavior but
>> when  on product detail page and  the  item  is  not added  and
>> login  is clicked  the  behavior changes.
>>
>> Thanks
>> - -
>> Deepesh
>>
>> bharat wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I am facing a problem , when i am on product or category detail
>>> page and then if i login , ideally the same page should get
>>> displayed after login but here it shows a message :  'Product not
>>> found for Product ID !' ,  and 'Category not found for Category
>>> ID !'.
>>> Please let me know if you are also facing the same problem , and
>>> what should be the solution for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance
>>> - -
>>> Bharat
>>

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Vivek Mishra
> Software Developer
> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd. [hidden email]
> www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> Office : +917314093684
> Direct : +919907292552
>
> http://ofbiz.apache.org
> I am "Open For Business"

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

David E Jones-3

If the UserLogin record has a previous locale stored on it then this
is the expected behavior.

-David

On Jan 30, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Vivek Mishra wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Even I am having one more problem in demo server. After login it
> changes the language.
>
> Kind Regards,
> --
> Vivek Mishra
>
> Deepesh Kapoor wrote:
>> Hello Bharat,
>>
>> Even i am facing this problem , when the product is added to cart
>> from product detail page the application shows proper behavior but
>> when  on product detail page and  the  item  is  not added  and
>> login  is clicked  the  behavior changes.
>>
>> Thanks
>> - -
>> Deepesh
>>
>> bharat wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I am facing a problem , when i am on product or category detail
>>> page and then if i login , ideally the same page should get
>>> displayed after login but here it shows a message :  'Product not
>>> found for Product ID !' ,  and 'Category not found for Category
>>> ID !'.
>>> Please let me know if you are also facing the same problem , and
>>> what should be the solution for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance
>>> - -
>>> Bharat
>>

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> --
> Vivek Mishra
> Software Developer
> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd. [hidden email]
> www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> Office : +917314093684
> Direct : +919907292552
>
> http://ofbiz.apache.org
> I am "Open For Business"

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

Vivek Mishra-2
Thanks David,

I was getting logged-in by admin. I think somebody had changed its
lastlocale.
Its working fine now for me.

Kind Regards,
--
Vivek Mishra

David E Jones wrote:

> If the UserLogin record has a previous locale stored on it then this
> is the expected behavior.
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 30, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Vivek Mishra wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Even I am having one more problem in demo server. After login it
>> changes the language.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> --
>> Vivek Mishra
>>
>> Deepesh Kapoor wrote:
>>> Hello Bharat,
>>>
>>> Even i am facing this problem , when the product is added to cart
>>> from product detail page the application shows proper behavior but
>>> when  on product detail page and  the  item  is  not added  and
>>> login  is clicked  the  behavior changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> - -
>>> Deepesh

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

I opened an issue for that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-729 but gave up recently. Raj said he will do something in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1255 but I finally closed both.
Feel free to reopen and provide a patch if you want...

Jacques

Re: problem with category/product pages after login

rajsaini
I had the problem with the approach I was using as it was not compatible
with URL rewriting and that is the reason I did not submit the patch.

Thanks,

Raj