resetGrandTotal exception

Stephen Rufle-2
I have been getting an exception [1] in resetGrandTotal. My solution was
just to convert the  updatedTotal value to a Double the way it expects.
I also did the same for remainingSubTotal

lines 1280 and 1281

Old:
orderHeader.set("grandTotal", updatedTotal);
orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal", remainingSubTotal);

New:
orderHeader.set("grandTotal", Double.valueOf(updatedTotal.doubleValue()));
orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal",
Double.valueOf(remainingSubTotal.doubleValue()));

Would you like this in a patch or an attachment to a JIRA issue?

[1]
In entity field [grandTotal] set the value passed in [BigDecimal] is not
compatible with the Java type of the field [Double]

Re: resetGrandTotal exception

BJ Freeman
can you re-create this on the demo server?

Stephen Rufle sent the following on 12/4/2008 1:23 PM:

> I have been getting an exception [1] in resetGrandTotal. My solution was
> just to convert the  updatedTotal value to a Double the way it expects.
> I also did the same for remainingSubTotal
>
> lines 1280 and 1281
>
> Old:
> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", updatedTotal);
> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal", remainingSubTotal);
>
> New:
> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", Double.valueOf(updatedTotal.doubleValue()));
> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal",
> Double.valueOf(remainingSubTotal.doubleValue()));
>

> Would you like this in a patch or an attachment to a JIRA issue?
>
> [1]
> In entity field [grandTotal] set the value passed in [BigDecimal] is not
> compatible with the Java type of the field [Double]

Re: resetGrandTotal exception

Adrian Crum
Stephan,

Please provide the stack trace. The developers are working on this issue
and they need to know where it occurs.

-Adrian

Stephen Rufle wrote:

> I have been getting an exception [1] in resetGrandTotal. My solution was
> just to convert the  updatedTotal value to a Double the way it expects.
> I also did the same for remainingSubTotal
>
> lines 1280 and 1281
>
> Old:
> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", updatedTotal);
> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal", remainingSubTotal);
>
> New:
> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", Double.valueOf(updatedTotal.doubleValue()));
> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal",
> Double.valueOf(remainingSubTotal.doubleValue()));
>

> Would you like this in a patch or an attachment to a JIRA issue?
>
> [1]
> In entity field [grandTotal] set the value passed in [BigDecimal] is not
> compatible with the Java type of the field [Double]

Re: resetGrandTotal exception

Scott Gray
That issue will be solved when the type clean up branch gets merged back
(I've already completed the ordermgr component).
Stephen, the exception you are seeing should only be a warning and not
actually cause any problems.  I would put up with it for now (or just keep
your local fix) and update when the branch gets merged back into the trunk.

Regards
Scott

2008/12/5 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>

> Stephan,
>
> Please provide the stack trace. The developers are working on this issue
> and they need to know where it occurs.
>
> -Adrian
>

> Stephen Rufle wrote:
>
>> I have been getting an exception [1] in resetGrandTotal. My solution was
>> just to convert the  updatedTotal value to a Double the way it expects.
>> I also did the same for remainingSubTotal
>>
>> lines 1280 and 1281
>>
>> Old:
>> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", updatedTotal);
>> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal", remainingSubTotal);
>>
>> New:
>> orderHeader.set("grandTotal", Double.valueOf(updatedTotal.doubleValue()));
>> orderHeader.set("remainingSubTotal",
>> Double.valueOf(remainingSubTotal.doubleValue()));
>>

>> Would you like this in a patch or an attachment to a JIRA issue?
>>
>> [1]
>> In entity field [grandTotal] set the value passed in [BigDecimal] is not
>> compatible with the Java type of the field [Double]

Re: resetGrandTotal exception

Stephen Rufle-2
Ok , I thought it was an easy fix :) I will just wait thanks Scott