Cannot open in POS mode

Terence Ng
Hi,

I can successfully open the Catalog Manager application in Windows by running either:
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar (or running "startofbiz.bat")

but I fail to open in POS mode by running:
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar -pos

After executing the above command, there is a full grey screen with buttons in the right hand side and only the number pad is highlighted and enabled.

What can I do?

Regards,
Terence

Re: Cannot open in POS mode

Abdullah Shaikh
There is a user id field at the top, by default the focus is on that fields
itself, just type "1"  for user id and then enter password as "1", this
should enable the GUI

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM, ngterry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can successfully open the Catalog Manager application in Windows by
> running either:
> %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar (or running
> "startofbiz.bat")
>
> but I fail to open in POS mode by running:
> %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar -pos
>
> After executing the above command, there is a full grey screen with buttons
> in the right hand side and only the number pad is highlighted and enabled.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Regards,
> Terence

Re: Cannot open in POS mode

Neha Mehta

POS component of OFBiz has login security for which the number pad is
highlighted.
Enter click 1and press enter(u have entered username) and then again press
1 and then enter(you have entered the password).

After this you will be able to see the actual POS screen. 1,1 are the
usename and password to open POS screen.Similarly you can login using 2,2
as username and password.

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Mehta
Software Engineer (A-1-1)
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
Cell: +91 98702 01950
Email-id: [hidden email]
EL-200, TTC Electronic Zone,
Shil Mahape Road,
Navi Mumbai, 400710
T: +91 022 67954324
India +0530 UTC/GMT

**********************************************************************************************************************
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling…
And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
  Be a reason for others to smile
HAVE A NICE DAY AHEAD......
**********************************************************************************************************************

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Re: Cannot open in POS mode

skpradeepkumar
Hi

   I think you want to run both the web apps and epos together.
     You can run both, ofbiz web apps and epos, for this you need to
       Copy the catalina-container completely from the ofbiz-container.xml
in base folder and past it in the pos-containers.xml file

and run the application.

With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Abdullah Shaikh <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a user id field at the top, by default the focus is on that fields
> itself, just type "1"  for user id and then enter password as "1", this
> should enable the GUI
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:15 PM, ngterry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I can successfully open the Catalog Manager application in Windows by
> > running either:
> > %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar (or running
> > "startofbiz.bat")
> >
> > but I fail to open in POS mode by running:
> > %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar ofbiz.jar -pos
> >
> > After executing the above command, there is a full grey screen with
> buttons
> > in the right hand side and only the number pad is highlighted and
> enabled.
> >
> > What can I do?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Terence